Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap shipping for 29kg from Dublin to Kentucky

Options
  • 11-09-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I need to ship a faulty TV from Dublin, Ireland to amazon.com in Kentucky, USA. The parcel weight 29kg with dimensions 125 x 83 x 19cm (for a "dimensional weight" of 33kg by An Post's calculations.).

My lowest quote so far is €280 from TNT, which includes collection. Can anyone suggest a cheaper service accessible to an ordinary consumer? It doesn't have to be fast, but must be traceable. Ideally with collection, or a service with a Dublin city centre depot.

Amazon policy is that they will pay the return shipping fees. I raised the €280 quote with their customer service pointing out that it's almost more than the TV is worth. They said to send it by air mail.

The heaviest item An Post take by parcel post is 20kg. An Post "international courier" service may take heavier parcels, but is really DHL. DHL and FedEx are almost twice the TNT quote.

Comments

Advertisement