Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hull question ..

• 11-09-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

well Its coming to the end of the boating season and I am just wondering what you guy,s do and use to clean the hull after It been in the water all season . as there is a lot of scum on the hull of my boat I would like some suggestions .

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

A good power washing and something like Boat Buddy or Grunt cleaners should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭lockmaster

thanks for your in put fergal . but i don,t have a power washer . what would be the alternative thing to do

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

:D

art-112454009-620x349.jpg

ha ha ha ha ha . to much like hard work was hoping for something a little easier than a bucket and scrubber . but life is never that easy . so just wash the hull and use a stain remover . great thanks for that . :):):)

lockmaster wrote: »
    ha ha ha ha ha . to much like hard work was hoping for something a little easier than a bucket and scrubber . but life is never that easy . so just wash the hull and use a stain remover . great thanks for that . :):):)

Most marinas will have a power washer and will give it a going over for a few quid, if you are going to do it yourself do it the day you lift out don't leave it sitting for a few days to dry out.

• Advertisement

will do man cheers for your in put . the marina I had it in last year took it out and power washed the hull and parked it so i just had to wax it . but this year I will have to get it taken out myself so I was just asking what do . it,s going to have to be a bucket of water and a lot of scrubbing then a bang of grunt as I do have some then a good waxing then just wait till the boating season starts again . I might take a cruise in the mean time to kill the pain . :)

Advertisement