Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a coffee shop

Options
  • 12-09-2014 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everybody - long time reader, first time poster.

I am looking into the idea of starting a small coffee shop selling tea/coffee/soft drinks and pre-packaged sandwiches.

I have been trying to find out if there is a specific license I would require to do this? You aren't really preparing food if sandwiches are pre-packed so I can't imagine there being the same FSAI requirements, or am I wrong?

Any advice would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Hi everybody - long time reader, first time poster.

I am looking into the idea of starting a small coffee shop selling tea/coffee/soft drinks and pre-packaged sandwiches.

I have been trying to find out if there is a specific license I would require to do this? You aren't really preparing food if sandwiches are pre-packed so I can't imagine there being the same FSAI requirements, or am I wrong?

Any advice would be great!

Once you are selling food it will require FSAI registration and implementation of HACCP. You'd have to show traceability and temp controls etc. If you're packaging the sandwiches or buying from a company will depend on type of HACCP you do.

Contact FSAI and speak to them about your ideas. They're very helpful in the times I've had queries.

Advertisement