Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on returning to college

Options
  • 10-09-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    I've recently decided to return to college in lyit. I was doing a level 8 in Applied Computing but I found that though I loved tge course it ws too difficult for me, so I decided tolook into my options as to trying college again. Thr two paths I'm deciding on is doing a level 5 in e-bussiness and a level 6 in bussiness administion in a VEC schoool before attempting the level 7 in computing with business applications.
    or
    Doing an Accelerated Certificate in science in computing, which starts the first semester at level 6 and goes straight into the level 7 I want to do, computing with business applications, in the second semester.
    thats tye backround,here are my questions:
    1:Any advice on which one
    2:will I recreive my grant again if I choose option 2?
    3:Because I'm now living away from home and hence an independent applicant will I receive the special rate of the grant.
    4:Is it possible that because my attentance in the course in my 2nd semester was very poor I will not receive the susi grant? (I didn't do well in the exams snd ahad already decided to repeat, bad idea I know)

Advertisement