Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

***Need help getting Iphone 6 next friday***

• 12-09-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Firstly, hope ok to post this here.
    I want to travel to Belfast next friday for iphone 6 launch, and did see the Belfast run thread, but thought I should post my own thread due to the nature of my particular question.

I am visually impaired so need someone to travel with me, or to get me an iphone if this is not possible. I could try travel on my own, but am worried that I wouldn't be able to actually find Victoria square, and I can't bring my guide dog to something like this where he would have to stand all night, possibly risk getting stood on and where there would be little/no opportunities for him to relieve. If there are any boardsies traveling up on an enterprise a perk of traveling with me is that you get free travel *smiles*
    like I say, if this is not possible, if someone could get me the iPhone I want this would do equally as well.
    If I were able to travel on my own I would take what I believe is the last enterprise, it leaves at something like 10 to 9 and gets to Belfast central close to 11. Victoria square is only a short distance from there.
    If anyone thinks they would be in a position to help me out I'd very very very very much appreciate it!!!!!!
    Please pm if you think you can help.
    Also, if anyone knows if it is possible for us to reserve iphone 6's at the Belfast store for pick up, can someone explain this to me?
    Thanks so much in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I want to travel to Belfast next friday for iphone 6 launch, and did see the Belfast run thread, but thought I should post my own thread due to the nature of my particular question.

I am visually impaired so need someone to travel with me, or to get me an iphone if this is not possible. I could try travel on my own, but am worried that I wouldn't be able to actually find Victoria square, and I can't bring my guide dog to something like this where he would have to stand all night, possibly risk getting stood on and where there would be little/no opportunities for him to relieve. If there are any boardsies traveling up on an enterprise a perk of traveling with me is that you get free travel *smiles*
    like I say, if this is not possible, if someone could get me the iPhone I want this would do equally as well.
    If I were able to travel on my own I would take what I believe is the last enterprise, it leaves at something like 10 to 9 and gets to Belfast central close to 11. Victoria square is only a short distance from there.
    If anyone thinks they would be in a position to help me out I'd very very very very much appreciate it!!!!!!
    Also, if anyone knows if it is possible for us to reserve iphone 6's at the Belfast store for pick up, can someone explain this to me?

Use this link to reserve the iPhone 6 in the Belfast store.

https://reserve-gb.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone/availability

Hi everyone

If you reserve your phone for pickup between 1500-1600 I am traveling on the 13.20hrs Connolly- Belfast and returning on the 16.05 so a quick turn around. You are welcome to travel with me if it suites.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Hi. This would be fab. I am working on getting one reserved at the moment as all areas of the reservation process weren't accessible with voice over on the mac. I will let you know how i get on. I rang victoria square and currently on phone to apple in uk via them now. fingers toes and everything else crossable crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

unfortunately lady at apple store online couldn't reserve and it's now gone off the site. this makes me sad. will just have to periodically keep checking throughout the day :(

Not gone for me you can PM your apple details to me and I can reserve it for you if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

unfortunately lady at apple store online couldn't reserve and it's now gone off the site. this makes me sad. will just have to periodically keep checking throughout the day :(

Heisenberg1's link still works for the 6:

https://reserve-gb.apple.com/GB/en_G...e/availability

That's gone through you should get an e-mail in the next few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This thread has given me a warm fuzzy feeling. :)

And for once, it's not because of a new iPhone. Fair play to you Heisenberg1, you are a gentleman.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    This thread has given me a warm fuzzy feeling. :)

And for once, it's not because of a new iPhone. Fair play to you Heisenberg1, you are a gentleman.

Don't give him all the credit, he's off downloading the most expensive apps available onto his phone using afterglows's details :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

I'll be driving, pickup for my reservation is from 3-4pm. You are welcome to come with me too, planning to collect and have a sandwich before returning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

kceire wrote: »
    Don't give him all the credit, he's off downloading the most expensive apps available onto his phone using afterglows's details :D

If that's all he does then count yourself extremely lucky.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If that's all he does then count yourself extremely lucky.

Why would I count myself extremely lucky??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

kceire wrote: »
    Why would I count myself extremely lucky??

Not a breaking bad fan then:p

Advertisement