Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland v Spurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

SeaDaily wrote: »
    After watching that game what is it that you are so pissed off about? We got very unlucky to lose and for you to make a statement like "and then you bring on a Championship standard striker who scores in the wrong end" is so unfair. As if it that goal was Kane's fault. I actually was quite happy with how we played in that game. We are back to playing nice attacking football with lots of chances and shots and if it wasn't for a very unlucky bounce of the ball we would have won the game. In terms of the defence, it wasn't fantastic today but I am hoping that as the season goes on and Davies and Fazio begin to play it will come together.

Can we please please have some positivity in this forum for once instead of the constant knocking of our players and manager. Referring to our team as a "spineless bunch" is so irritating and unnecessarily negative. If you want to support a team that is unlikely to lose go on and support Chelsea or Man City and enjoy, but your negative in this forum is so tiresome and that goes for a lot of the posters here.

Fair enough, don't think I will bother with this forum anymore. It used to be a place where we could go to vent and let frustrations out but lately if a word is said against the team or Levy it is shot down and deemed as negative. Ok my comments were very pissy and borne out of frustration but were my views nonetheless. Anyway cheerio, I will keep my views to myself in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Only saw the 2nd half, and I thought we played well, really dominated the game, but as always if you don't get the 3rd goal, your at risk...

Perfect example of us lacking a top class finisher, 2 points dropped, but encouraging all the same.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Fair enough, don't think I will bother with this forum anymore. It used to be a place where we could go to vent and let frustrations out but lately if a word is said against the team or Levy it is shot down and deemed as negative. Ok my comments were very pissy and borne out of frustration but were my views nonetheless. Anyway cheerio, I will keep my views to myself in future.

Don't go, don't leave me now now now 😉
    Like a demon here too pal, no top striker so days like today will happen a few times this season, all the ball at 2-1 and couldn't kill the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

I thought there was lots of promise and positivity in our play. We hit the bar twice so lacking a bit of luck too.

Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Don't go, don't leave me now now now 😉
    Like a demon here too pal, no top striker so days like today will happen a few times this season, all the ball at 2-1 and couldn't kill the game

Haha, yeah I have to stop myself posting 2 minutes after the final whistle. On reflection the performance was good but lacking that killer instinct that the other top teams seem to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Haha, yeah I have to stop myself posting 2 minutes after the final whistle. On reflection the performance was good but lacking that killer instinct that the other top teams seem to have.

We had the lion's share of possession, hit the woodwork twice and conceded an unlucky og. It's football, these things happen.

Also, Adebayor has his faults, but I think he's one of the best finishers in the league. He has good killer instinct.

I fancy Kane to make the England squad this season.

Ormus wrote: »
    We had the lion's share of possession, hit the woodwork twice and conceded an unlucky og. It's football, these things happen.

Also, Adebayor has his faults, but I think he's one of the best finishers in the league. He has good killer instinct.

Adebayor a top finisher, I've heard it all now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Adebayor a top finisher, I've heard it all now

I know. Nearly burst out laughing when I read that

Kane to make the England squad ? No chance

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

We seem to have the Overly Optimistic crew and the Pessimistic crew butting heads in this thread. :P
    Looking forward to seeing the highlights on MOTD tonight.

I have to comment on this again. Adebayour has a killer instinct? Come on man - are you serious ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone disheartened after that result should take a long hard look at our balance sheet. We are a well run business with a healthy turnover and operating well within our means. And that's what it's all about lads.

Anyone disheartened after that result should take a long hard look at our balance sheet. We are a well run business with a healthy turnover and operating well within our means. And that's what it's all about lads.

Don't start this again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

mickman wrote: »
    I have to comment on this again. Adebayour has a killer instinct? Come on man - are you serious ?

Ade has showed in the past, many times he is top class, just doesn't show it enough.

As for people being negative, your def entitled to your opinion whether you are right or wrong, negative or positive.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Ade has showed in the past, many times he is top class, just doesn't show it enough.

As for people being negative, your def entitled to your opinion whether you are right or wrong, negative or positive.

He has shown he can b a good player

Top finisher with a killer instinct - he was never this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

He has shown he can b a good player

Top finisher with a killer instinct - he was never this

he scored 30 goals in 40 games for Arsenal in 07/08, a notch above good in my book.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    he scored 30 goals in 40 games for Arsenal in 07/08, a notch above good in my book.

One good season 7 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

If it wasn't for his huge wages, he would have been shipped off long ago. Still, he is the best of what we have at the moment.
    Kane does not impress me at all, cannot see him developing into anything other than average. Would love to be proved wrong but I have my doubts.

Adebayor is lazy and frustrating but he has bags of talent and is a good finisher. He just doesn't apply himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Arsenal drew with Leicester lads. Stoke beat Man City. Aston villa beat Liverpool.

The only good thing is other teams are dropping points they shouldn't be either.

I didn't get to watch the game. Just couldn't stay up for it after a very busy week and then was out Friday night.

We've 7 from 12 and sit above Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United. Maybe that will change pretty soon but this thread needed a bit of perspective.

Isn't the time to panic yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

chadli coming into a right vein of form at the minute say he'll be one of the stars this season, delighted to see him do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

We were a whisker away from 9 points from 12 but you'd think we were relegation candidates on the mood here.

I can only see us improving as we go. I didn't feel that way last year under AVB or Sherwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just watched the highlights from MOTD. Didnt see much but looked as though they played quite well. Should have had a penalty after Dier was taken down, hit the crossbar and looked to play decent enough football.

I was expecting them to have played terrible judging from the comments on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We looked pretty good in terms of creativity and opportunities.

I think the lack of a quality finisher will mean a season similar to our last one under HR... lots of possession, lots of chances, dominate most games but really struggle to score and kill teams off which will inevitably cost us points against some lower teams.

The real worry is at least back then we had Bale to erh. . . 'bail us out' on several occasions.

Still 7 from 12 is a good return for a club of our size and it is line for a top 5 or 6 finish which as we all remember is overachieving for a club like ours compared to our rivals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some of the comments are over reactions, but we still should have been able to close the game out. They got two really luck goals, we hit the bar twice and should have had a penalty, but still managed to drop points. Unlucky, but also not good enough. I'm also not at all convinced with our defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Just saw the highlights, looks like we dominated, hit the woodwork twice, lacked the killer instinct of a striker. Probably would have taken a draw before the game but the stats suggest we should have all three only we snatched a draw out of the jaws of victory.

Positives, the team played well
    Negatives, Kaboul is a liability, Rose too.

Any return date on Soldado?

Just saw the highlights, looks like we dominated, hit the woodwork twice, lacked the killer instinct of a striker. Probably would have taken a draw before the game but the stats suggest we should have all three only we snatched a draw out of the jaws of victory.

Positives, the team played well
    Negatives, Kaboul is a liability, Rose too.

Any return date on Soldado?

Some say adebayour has a killer instinct !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Some say adebayour has a killer instinct !

Some people don't watch much football.

Just watched the highlights. It was very good going forward from us but their two goals were embarrassing

Defend like that in 2 weeks time at the emirates will result in a creaming

Dembele was very good which was great to see

Some people watch enough football and still don't understand what they see.

Do people think Adebayor was our top scorer despite only playing half of last season because he's a good pro who makes up for lack of ability with a tireless work rate?

Adebayor scores goals because he's a good finisher. He doesn't get enough because he doesn't bother his arse on the pitch or in training.

• Advertisement

Some people watch enough football and still don't understand what they see.

Do people think Adebayor was our top scorer despite only playing half of last season because he's a good pro who makes up for lack of ability with a tireless work rate?

Adebayor scores goals because he's a good finisher. He doesn't get enough because he doesn't bother his arse on the pitch or in training.

Who was he up against last season for top scorer , soldado ?

Ade had a great chance yesterday at end of first half - few yards out and hit straight at keeper .a good finisher he is not

Advertisement