Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin pint!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

drumswan wrote: »
    So who can think of other porters & stouts produced by Dublin brewers (seeing as we are in the Dublin forum)?

I can think of

JW Sweetman Porter
    5 Lamps Black Pitts Porter
    Brown Paper Bag Pleasant Porter
    Rascals Ginger Porter
    Barrelhead Exceptional Porter
    Porterhouse Celebration Stout
    Porterhouse Chocolate Truffle Stout
    Porterhouse Oyster Stout
    Porterhouse Plain Porter
    Porterhouse Wrasslers XXXX Stout
    Otterbank Farami

Any more?

what's your point, dude? The guy came on to complain about Guinness in O'Donoghue's (which I had about 2 years ago with a one pour pint and which was awful - no idea if the pour had anything to do with it, it just tasted watery and crap)

We all know there are other porters and stouts. You clearly do, so a pat on the back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Can't we all just get along?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Can't we all just get along?

Yea let's all go for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

For me, Toners is the nicest Guinness Ive tasted in Dublin. O'Donoghoes isnt bad, but its not at Toners level, nor is it complete muck either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

martinn123 wrote: »
    Yea let's all go for a pint.

In 2 parts, for those that agree and those that dont

Im not drinking with any two part pour clowns, Id spend half me night standing at the bar like a plum waiting for other peoples pints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Much as I like the tradition of the two part pour it really doesn't make any difference to the taste does it?

Admittedly the taste was good but the whole process looked sloppy and slipshod to me .....but then I'm possibly old fashioned....thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

For me, Toners is the nicest Guinness Ive tasted in Dublin. O'Donoghoes isnt bad, but its not at Toners level, nor is it complete muck either

Thanks for the info next time it'll be Toner's.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Walshes in Stoneybatter is the best ;)

• Advertisement

Amazing that there is such a scale of quality and taste differences in Guinness sold around the city. Whats the criteria that makes one pint better than the next? You all must be trained cicerones to be able to differentiate between one pint and the next given the little flavour profile on offer. Perhaps you all did the course while standing around waiting for pints for no reason ;)

What is the story with this thread, did I stumble into the "I want to bate the head off ya" forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What is the story with this thread, did I stumble into the "I want to bate the head off ya" forum?

You lookin' at somethin'?

:mad:

endacl wrote: »
    You lookin' at somethin'?

:mad:

I was just looking for the other half of this bottle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah lads seriously get a grip, read the charter or don't post here again. This is a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Zero difference in taste if pulled in one or two pours.it looks better if its topped off in a two part pour as ya can sit the head up.Good or bad pints is 95% the cleanliness/dryness of the glass really and the other 5 is generously allowing for a bad keg or low/empty gas bottle

That's exactly what I was going to say. 2 pour is purely so the head looks nicer. Single pour and it's sort of sunken, looks terrible. But tastes the same.
    I never got a single pour guinness anywhere in Dublin, never even heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Only time I ever had a single pour in Guinness in Dublin was when I was pulling it myself while the barman nipped out for a smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

The two point pour has been shown to be times to be a marketing trick. An impressive marketing trick but that is all it is.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/guinness-two-pour-is-the-greatest-marketing-con?s=mobile

Advertisement