Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PCB Storage

• 12-09-2014 11:49am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know this has been brought up here before, but i need to get some boxes or something to put my pcb in as ive bought a few the last while.

What do you guys do? Where do you buy boxes from if you box them?

I looked into boxes a bit and seem very expensive for a bit of cardboard!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I use 'pizza box' style boxes I bought on ebay from the UK. Fit most PCBs nicely. Anything up to CPS1 sized really.

Few photos of them on the bottom shelf here. Still have to get some decent labels done up!

boxes_zps01b5e8da.jpg

DSC_0620_zps573f08b7.jpg

Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Where they expensive? They are exactly what im looking for but i cant seem to find any that will ship to Ireland (or northern ireland, parcel motel) for a decent price, the delivery on them is crazy.

Edit: Thanks for the link they look perfect, do you have any sponge stuff in the box or just the pcbs?

Master of the Universe

£2.99 postage on the above to the UK. Cant remember if they fit in Parcel Motel or not. I think they did.

Thats great thanks for the link, they look perfect, do you have any sponge stuff in the box or just the pcbs?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »

Edit: Thanks for the link they look perfect, do you have any sponge stuff in the box or just the pcbs?

Bit of a mixed bag really!

Over the years a lot of people mailed me PCBs in those anti static bag things, so I've a few of them in them.

Some of them are just wrapped in bubble wrap.

Ideally it would be great to fill them all with that anti static sponge stuff, the likes that you see in those fancy Corstat boxes.

Cool, think ill just do the same

Im i reading that right? is it 10 for 5.47 sterling?

Master of the Universe

Yeah that's right. So £8.46 including UK postage. Not too bad at all really!

Thats unbelievable, i have been looking for these things all week and couldnt find any, the ones i found where like 10 quid each!

Master of the Universe

I had the exact same issue for years. Just had all my PCBs stored in the boxes they were delivered in. Zero uniformity to it, always pissed me off.

There were loads of sellers in the UK but postage always brought it up to something insane like 50-60. Which is mental for cardboard!

• Advertisement

Yeh thats what i found, they would all ship cheaply to the mainland uk but postage to northern ireland\ireland was crazy. I just bought 20 of those thanks a lot!

Advertisement