Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webcam issues

Options
  • 12-09-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an Acer laptop with inbuilt webcam

Have rarely used it, but as a relative just emigrated to the US, tried doing a google hangout video chat the other day. It worked for about 2 minutes, then quit.

Device manager in windows sees it, and upon trying to update the driver I'm told that the latest driver is installed. I removed it, and let device manager re-detect it, same problem again. I went to the acer website and tried different drivers, no joy.

I've tried other webcam applications, and none of them see it, so its not just Google Hangouts.

So, windows detects the webcam and thinks its fine - but none of the programs trying to access it can detect it.

Any ideas?

thanks a mil

Advertisement