Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White PS4 Headset (Destiny Version)

Options
  • 12-09-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Just a thread to give you a heads up that Gamestop US ship to Ireland (for $24.99, not $15.99 as advertised)
    So you can order you White Destiny Headset from them for $99.99.
    So posted it comes in at €97ish which is cheaper than a normal headset in Irish Gamestops and only a tad more expensive then the black version in Smyths or Amazon.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/playstation-gold-wireless-headset-glacier-white/115531

PS4GoldWireless.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Be aware you could well be hit for significant custom charges when you order from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Be aware you could well be hit for significant custom charges when you order from the US.

How Significant do you reckon? I'm 2nd guessing myself now :o
    I've been stung badly before on Music Gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Cormac... wrote: »
    How Significant do you reckon? I'm 2nd guessing myself now :o
    I've been stung badly before on Music Gear

Recently they are charging on pretty much everything.

http://m.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

That might help you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Yeppp ...Customs are on a mad one lately . They are stopping everything over about €60+ . My sis got hit for €35 ish on a €77 p+p inc phone. Customs are twats.

Dumb question, but can you just refuse to pay and tell them send it back? :o

• Advertisement

Dumb question, but can you just refuse to pay and tell them send it back? :o

If you refuse to pay, they will not release the goods to you and you will lose the money you paid for the headphones.

amadablam wrote: »
    If you refuse to pay, they will not release the goods to you and you will lose the money you paid for the headphones.

Well now I know. I won't try that.
    Take my begirding money Ireland, you ****ers :pac:

Well, you were all right people, I got hit for €40 customs charge.... SICKENED

Well, you were all right people, I got hit for €40 customs charge.... SICKENED

Sorry to hear that. Sign of the times. Used to be that anything under $100 generally was let go unnoticed. Now everything is getting checked.

amadablam wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Sign of the times. Used to be that anything under $100 generally was let go unnoticed. Now everything is getting checked.

I know yeah, well I checked the online thing and it said around €21, your one was like "oh theres a release charge to release it", i imagine it's like an interal game where they try to make up stupid s***.

Anyway, at least i'll have the headset to match the PS4.... albeit at a ludicrous cost :o

Gonne give them my best scowl handing over the money, that'll learn em

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I brought a game from hong Kong and it was 45 and FedEx handed it into customs and I got an invoice from FedEx then about 2 wks later for 26 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

VideoGamesPlus.ca generally mark games and accessories lower than they're worth to help you avoid customs... Worth noting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Will the white headsets be sold in Ireland does anyone know, thanks?

Capslock wrote: »
    Will the white headsets be sold in Ireland does anyone know, thanks?

I've asked in Gamestop and on their twitter, no word back yet.

I've asked in Gamestop and on their twitter, no word back yet.
    Oh Ok, cheers. Please let me know if you hear anything on them, thanks!

Well if you do order from the Gamestop US store ($124.99) expect to pay €40 customs :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Well if you do order from the Gamestop US store ($124.99) expect to pay €40 customs :(

Should have used VG+(assuming they have them).

F1ngers wrote: »
    Should have used VG+(assuming they have them).

Why can you avoid paying extra charges via them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement