Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Puppy Food?

• 12-09-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

So, we're getting all our ducks in a row for a new addition, and want to make sure we have everything sitting in the house, ready to rock.

I haven't had a young dog in 11 years, and back in them days I knew NOTHING about proper feeds.
    What brands do people recommend? The puppy will definitely be at least medium sized and possibly large, and budget wise we are pretty much happy to pay whatever (although within reason).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Feeding these 2 Markus Muehle Naturnah. Jack (younger) since he was a pup and Hung the last 8 months. Hugos coat has come on something fierce.

The kibble is quite big but easily mashed up or broken into smaller pieces.

We pay less than 75 euro for two 15kg bags from zooplus. You feed less, so it lasts that bit longer.

We are very very happy with it.

Food aside, I'm forever waving the 'crate training' flag in every ones face! Something to consider also...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Repeating from another thread:
    Taste of the wild puppy
    Acana Junior & Puppy
    Lily's Kitchen
    Nutrivet Growth
    Orijen Puppy food

All grain free (but because they are grain free they are also going to be a tad more expensive).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Nody wrote: »
    Repeating from another thread:
    Taste of the wild puppy
    Acana Junior & Puppy
    Lily's Kitchen
    Nutrivet Growth
    Orijen Puppy food

All grain free (but because they are grain free they are also going to be a tad more expensive).

I loved the Taste of The Wild stuff, thats what Shadow was on and I didnt know they did puppy food!

Abd we will be crate/playpen training anyway :)

Volunteered as a foster family a week ago and theres still been nothing suitable so were waiting on the right pup to come along :) got a crate and playpen sorted and plenty of Kongs bought. Just gotta wait to see what size were expecting before we get the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Mine was on Burns. RC didn't agree with him, and doesn't seem to agree with a lot of pups.

What are you getting SSB? Don't forget to put up a pic! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Mine was on Burns. RC didn't agree with him, and doesn't seem to agree with a lot of pups.

What are you getting SSB? Don't forget to put up a pic! :D

Absolutely no idea! There were some Malamute x GSDs in a nearby rescue that I fell in love with, but we dont have the space for a small horse :P
    Were thinking Springer/Setter/GSD of some description or mix, bigger the better!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I loved the Taste of The Wild stuff, thats what Shadow was on and I didnt know they did puppy food!
    It's relatively new on Zooplus; don't know if they always done it but Zooplus never brought it in previously or not.

Advertisement