Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent pub in the city centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

O Sullivans always struck me as a touristy kip tbh, with that guy belting out on ballads and chart stuff on a guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

OP I'm genuinely glad you had a good time but why ignore every last one of the 30+ suggestions we made ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

desbrook wrote: »
    OP I'm genuinely glad you had a good time but why ignore every last one of the 30+ suggestions we made ?

Because it's up to him where he goes and you don't know what other factors might have led them to make the choices they did? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

My significant other and I are staying in Dublin tomorrow night on the south side of the river. Can anyone suggest a decent pub where we wont be ripped off for the price of two drinks. Maybe im being ignorant but you do see this things pop up on the internet every now and again, pubs in temple bar charge 7 euro a pint, scandalous. Any suggestions?

I did a bit of googling and came up with O'reilly's bar dublin, seems to have good drink promotions and seems lively enough.

O'reilly's are cheap but the pints there taste watered down to me.

I recommend going to Carr & O'Connell (which used to be called
    panama bar) on Bachelors Walk. It has a great atmosphere and is good value for money for a city centre pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Because it's up to him where he goes and you don't know what other factors might have led them to make the choices they did? :confused:

Of course it is. My question is a genuine one as I said. I was just wondering were we all barking up the wrong tree or was it that we made too many conflicting recommendations that just ended up confusing the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Of course it is. My question is a genuine one as I said. I was just wondering were we all barking up the wrong tree or was it that we made too many conflicting recommendations that just ended up confusing the issue.

Advice doesn't have to be taken, mad I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

I didn't realise I was contractually obliged to go to the pubs users recommended. Must have missed that in the fine print when signing up to boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

I was hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

The International bar. Grand spot.

Advertisement