Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota e11 1.6 gs 1998

Options
  • 12-09-2014 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys ,
    I have a 98 corolla has 80k on it but it's doing about 50 miles to 20 euro a full tank will only get me aprox 200 miles so it's very hard on fuel it also takes ages to warm on show on the dash also when driving when cold will cut out when I stop. I looked up what the problem could be and they said it was the coolant sensor I changed that and disconnected the battery to reset the ecu but still have the fuel problem! Any ideas? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Slow to warm up suggests a thermostat that's stuck open. That would cause the temp sensor to keep the mixture richer hence using more fuel.

Does it take a while for any heat to come from the heater?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Davidghogan92

No the heat would usually come quite quick the fumes are very rich smelling! I just don't know what to change next!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Replace thermostat. Throttle body cleanup would be the next step.

Advertisement