Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Firewood

• 12-09-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Looking for a good recommendation for firewood delivered to south Dublin. Around 2 ton bags or a small trailer load. Hard wood nicely chopped.?
    Anyone have a good contact?

Originally posted in Forestry but maybe that was wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I've bought from two companies; the wood in both cases is good, kiln-dried beech or ash in pieces just right for the stove.
    One company has a nice driver who'll pull out all the stops to get the pallet of wood into the garage so I don't have to shift it all log by log - and who has a better forklift that can cope with difficult surfaces; the other has a guy in a hurry who brings it as far as he can then says the surface isn't good enough and goes, so I end up re-stacking the whole tonne. Can't remember which is which, but it's worth asking before you shell out a couple of hundred for wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭davedub2015

would you have the number of those two guys please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Look up "Kieran firewood" in adverts.ie, just got three builders tonne bags of hardwood yesterday @ €70 per bag delivered to Loughlinstown, nicely cut stuff, seems pretty dry and delivered quickly and on time, would definitely buy from again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement