Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asus memo pad HD7 or Kobo arc

• 12-09-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I'm not at all technical. Was considering buying my 11 and 12 yr old kids a Kobo arc each for Xmas. ( I know its a while away but i really need to start shopping to spread the expense a bit!)
    They currently use the kids Nabi Tablet, but theyve pretty much outgrown them.
    I would guess they will be mainly watching youtube, playing games and downloading books and comics.
    Can the asus memo hd7 do all those things? Reason I ask is that I see the asus is 50 euro cheaper than the Kobo, and as i have to buy 2 of them, that represents quite a saving!
    Any advice would be really really appreciated!
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The HD7 is a nice tablet and would be more than adequate for a 12yr old.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

beno619 wrote: »
    The HD7 is a nice tablet and would be more than adequate for a 12yr old.

Thanks for your reply. Since posting I've noticed that there are 2 versions of the memo pad hd7 for sale. Looks like a newer version came out in 2014. I'm looking at buying last years version, think its m173x. Would you say I'd be OK with last year's version? After all, they're kids!
    Thanks for taking the time out to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

I recently bought the asus hd 7 from argos for 129 euro( last years model I think). It's a brilliant little tablet and well worth the money, perfect for kids. There's a thread on bargain alerts where it can be got for cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Power Gear

I bought one in June in Argos.

No problems so far.

http://imgur.com/KtHOhI7

http://imgur.com/rhhaL2g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I know a few people have the kobo but i would personally steer clear of them. worst customer service ever encountered.
    Bought the wife the asus memo pad from asda or tesco when it was reduced just before xmas and she loves it, kinda hard to get a bumper case for it but found one on amazon.com. the wife is kinda clumsy with stuff like that :eek:. amazing piece of kit, and im sure the 2 kids would appreciate it and use it to their hearts content. have you checked argos - ebay outlet? they do refurbs sometimes even cheaper

• Advertisement
Advertisement