Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with the router.

Options
  • 12-09-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭

I have a connection from my broadband supplier.It goes into my wireless router directly and I use the wifi on my pc to get the connection onto the computer itself.

Ideally I want to be able to alternate the broadband cable from my Linksys Wi-Fi Router WRT54GL to the back of my PC as required.

However when I do this I get a "bridging page" from my ISP that gives me my IP address and asks me to contact my ISP to fix the "Temporarily Unavailable" problem .

If I reattach the cable into the router the internet comes back .

I am not 100% sure my (WiMax) ISP is on top of the situation and I would like to see if there is anything I can do from my end before I contact them again (I don't want to have to buy a new router which is something they did half suggest)

Advertisement