If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Stands for MA RX2

Options
  • 12-09-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a set of speaker stands to suit the Monitor Audio RX2 speakers I got from you some time ago. Cheaper the better but something sturdy that I can fill with sand perhaps.

The RX2's are 230mm x 300mm so will need a decent top plate size.

Thanks....

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

SachaJ wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a set of speaker stands to suit the Monitor Audio RX2 speakers I got from you some time ago. Cheaper the better but something sturdy that I can fill with sand perhaps.

Thanks....
    Hi Sacha,

Your best bet would be the Q Acoustic 2000ST at £199.95.  They're a bit more expensive but they're a quality stand and would be perfectly suitable for the RX2s :)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/q-acoustics/2000st/q-acou-q2010-stand

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys,

Thanks....
    Hi Sacha,

Your best bet would be the Q Acoustic 2000ST at £199.95.  They're a bit more expensive but they're a quality stand and would be perfectly suitable for the RX2s :)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/q-acoustics/2000st/q-acou-q2010-stand

Let me know what you think.

Chris
    Sacha,

not sure what the guys were smoking..

The 2000ST are ideal okay but they are now clearing at £99.95 - we have one pair in the demo room that I'd clear at just £69 if you were interested..

Keep us posted and apologies for the incorrect pricing - the guys must know you are loaded :p

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Thanks John, appreciate that great offer.

I'm undecided 2000ST's as the (bottom) base plate is almost the exact size as the RX2's so I'm not sure how stable they would be around the kids (youngest of which is just starting to walk). 

I'll have a think anyway

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John, appreciate that great offer.

I'm undecided 2000ST's as the (bottom) base plate is almost the exact size as the RX2's so I'm not sure how stable they would be around the kids (youngest of which is just starting to walk). 

I'll have a think anyway
    Sacha,

No problem and I know how anxious it can be with toddlers and heavy standmount speakers! :eek::eek:

Generally the safest option would be to wall mount them - there is a dedicated bracket for the BX/RX series that connects into the mounting screw at the rear of the speaker and means a really neat wall mount and keeps those shiny tempting drive units out of reach....

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John. Can you send me on a link and pricing to those wall mounts? Hope their tough to take the 10kg speaker weight.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John. Can you send me on a link and pricing to those wall mounts? Hope their tough to take the 10kg speaker weight.
    Hi Sacha,

Not sure what John was smoking (Sorry John!! :The Monitor Audio brackets John mentioned aren't going to work with the RX2s unfortunately :(  

You could have a look at the B-Tech BT77s at £29.95:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-brackets/btech/bt77/btec-bt77

These should hold your speakers ok.

Chris

Hi Sacha,

Not sure what John was smoking (Sorry John!! :The Monitor Audio brackets John mentioned aren't going to work with the RX2s unfortunately :(  

You could have a look at the B-Tech BT77s at £29.95:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-brackets/btech/bt77/btec-bt77

These should hold your speakers ok.

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for that. I already have the BT77's and while they work perfectly with my RX1's, their a bit wobbly with the RX2's. I might try them again and use a few cable ties to secure.

Thanks...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.