Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs QPR (KO: 4PM 14/09)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

RVP is not world class anymore, Lost all his mobility the last year

It's my understanding gifs are banned here out of some irrational fear of 'being sued' like what would happen in a US comedy based legal drama starring Bill Shatner.

7ndJkjf.png

Here is a representation of RVP's mobility very much intact just 3 months ago against Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's my understanding gifs are banned here out of some irrational fear of 'being sued' like what would happen in a US comedy based legal drama starring Bill Shatner.

7ndJkjf

Here is a representation of RVP's mobility very much intact just 3 months ago against Spain.
    He is just laying down. Proves his point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Haven't been this excited for a game in while!

BxbrlfrCQAA_2i8.png

The faces get progressively stouter from right to left, yet somehow Rooney isn't at the end.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

That doesn't even make sense, unless he's a paraplegic now?

Do you mean paralysed?
    Is a paraplegic not someone who lost there arms and legs?
    Totally off topic I know ha!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Invasion of the Body Snatchers is on MGM, a perfect way to waste an hour or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

killwill wrote: »
    Do you mean paralysed?
    Is a paraplegic not someone who lost there arms and legs?
    Totally off topic I know ha!!!

No a paraplegic is somebody who has lost the use of their arms and legs through being paralysed from the neck down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

srocliffe wrote: »
    No a paraplegic is somebody who has lost the use of their arms and legs through being paralysed from the neck down.

Thats my lesson for today then!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

if QPR manage to even get a point, it will be very funny after all the money Utd wasted on forward players when they really needed 2 centre backs
    Agreed. Everyone knows United are weak in central defence; any side that needs to call on any one (or more) of Jones/Smalling and Evans in any given game are going to struggle to keep clean sheets against quick, mobile forwards (like Aguero, Sturridge and Costa). Rojo? Yeah; he may turn out okay (although untried in the PL), but he's going to need a partner in central defence. Yet they go out and spunk £xm (choose your own figure) on Di Maria and Falcao, when they already had Rooney, Van Persie, Hernandez and Welbeck. A puzzling transfer window, but I guess next May will tell the tale. They will beat QPR though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

1-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

6-0. Haven't a clue who'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Looking forward to this game so much. It probably won't be the rout we're hoping for but it's the first steps toward a new look United. At this stage, that's as good as any silverware. 4-2 United.

Word on twitter is that Andreas Perreira will be on the bench too. United don't give youth a chance anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Bxf3zQvCIAANSvJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

MUTV prediction

54159b346338e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

TheTownie wrote: »
    Bxf3zQvCIAANSvJ.jpg

jizz+fyrs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any team news?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Any team news?

They are all sexy bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

a lot of chat on twitter saying blind starts and falcao on bench

Utd XI: DDG, Rafael, Evans, Blackett, Rojo, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Mata, RvP, Rooney.

Subs: Lindegaard, Shaw, Fletcher, Januzaj, Valencia, A Pereira, Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Bxf6c5RCAAAKStT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I wonder if that's 4 at the back or Blind at LWB...

They are all sexy bastards

ubiquitously gumball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

4-3-1-2? Very good team tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Or even Di Maria at LWB? I get the feeling it's still going to be three at the back anyway.

Nice to see Pereira on the bench, wonder if he'll get a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Team reportedly Rafael, Evans, Rojo, Blackett, blind, Herrera, di Maria, mata, Rooney, RVP.

Falcao on the bench along with Shaw, Januzaj, lindegaard, fletch, Valencia, pereira.

According to mutv...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Falcao obviously hasn't had enough time to get used to Lvgs philosophy (to be read in Dutch accent).

4-3-1-2? Very good team tbh

Could be 3 at the back too. I hope not though. Will have to wait and see.

Di Maria LWB I'd imagine.

Could be 4 at the back with Blackett on the left.

Delighted Rafael is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

MUTV thinks it could be 4 at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Really, Really hoping it's 4312 with a plan to bring on Falcao after 5 minutes because I brought him into my fantasy team

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    MUTV thinks it could be 4 at the back.

BBC said that as well. They say it's four at the back with Blind anchored in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Utd should win this easily with Rio in the back line.

Oh and Valencia not starting...

368.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'd imagine we'll line out

.....................De Gea.............
    .........Evans... Rojo....Blackett..
    ...Rafael..........................Blind...
    ..............Herrera... Di Maria.....
    ........................Mata...............
    .............Rooney....... RVP........

Hopefully I'm wrong and its 4-3-1-2

back 4 with Rojo at left back apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

United Report ‏@UtdReport 2m
    Louis van Gaal has confirmed that his side is playing 4 at the back today vs QPR. [via @TV2Alsaker]

"I don't have five defenders fit so it was easier for me to decide the formation." - Van Gaal

Puts to rest any doubt some people had about if Blind was bought as a midfielder or a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

delighted with that team, I've a feeling the difference between Blind and Fletcher in a holding role will be night and day. great to see Herrera back too, his energy and willingness to get stuck in was missed the last few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The great thing is if needed, the formation can be changed and that could upset the opposition. The flexibility of that line up is fantastic.

• Advertisement

delighted with that team, I've a feeling the difference between Blind and Fletcher in a holding role will be night and day. great to see Herrera back too, his energy and willingness to get stuck in was missed the last few games

The team not having to carry Young, Valencia and Fletcher will make a big difference alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The great thing is if needed, the formation can be changed and that could upset the opposition. The flexibility of that line up is fantastic.
    The bad thing is that this team is playing a different formation and tactics to what is being used in training I'd imagine?

TheTownie wrote: »
    The team not having to carry Young, Valencia and Fletcher will make a big difference alright.

I think Young as bad as he's been is unfairly put in the same category as Valencia, Anderson, Cleverley and fletch.

Young tries and is played out of position.he's still not good enough but the other 4 either don't give a shït, are past it or just are lacking serious confidence. Those 4 were carried alot more than young imo, even though young has been poor.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The bad thing is that this team is playing a different formation and tactics to what is being used in training I'd imagine?

I'd imagine they'd have trained for the game in the same way they planned to play the game. Hence the point of training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

The beginning of a new era today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd imagine they'd have trained for the game in the same way they planned to play the game. Hence the point of training.
    Maybe, but all preseason training would have been in the 3-5-2 formation I'd imagine. Its going to be difficult for some of the players I think.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else hate that gold dust intro to the coverage? It looks so ****e.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Maybe, but all preseason training would have been in the 3-5-2 formation I'd imagine. Its going to be difficult for some of the players I think.

I don't even play football or any sports but to think they only trained 1 formation is stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I even got excited when they introduced Kluivert. I haven't been this wound up pre-match in so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I have a feeling Manchester United may run riot here. It will be very interesting to see how reverting to 4 at the back turns out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Inter Milan are winning 7-0, sets a precedent we must emulate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement