Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with contract

Options
  • 12-09-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hi there ,

I am hoping that someone will help me- I am having no luck with the so call customer care team on the phones. I am going round in circles and pulling my hair out at this stage.

I signed up for broadband ( ONLY ) approx about 18months ago , in between then I moved house and so therefore did a change of address. 

I DID not receieve a new Modem etc ! I also wasnt informed that this would be a new contract ! At no point did anyone tell me that it was a new 12month contract. 

I now for my own reason wish to cancel but i cant because of termination fees. I have rung customer care SEVERAL times about this issue and NO ONE IS HELPING ME !! NO one is taking ownership of the issue.

My final straw is that I need someone here to help me !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Good luck but they will frustrate you to death, it's the Eircom way. It's a pity as the product is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Any chance of some help on this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there ,

I am hoping that someone will help me- I am having no luck with the so call customer care team on the phones. I am going round in circles and pulling my hair out at this stage.

I signed up for broadband ( ONLY ) approx about 18months ago , in between then I moved house and so therefore did a change of address. 

I DID not receieve a new Modem etc ! I also wasnt informed that this would be a new contract ! At no point did anyone tell me that it was a new 12month contract. 

I now for my own reason wish to cancel but i cant because of termination fees. I have rung customer care SEVERAL times about this issue and NO ONE IS HELPING ME !! NO one is taking ownership of the issue.

Hi 20 Times 20 Times

I can confirm that a contract is applicable when moving an account to another address, this is a specific condition of service in accordance with eircoms terms & conditions of service. 

If you wish to make a formal complaint you can do so by contacting accounts on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Hi there ,

Hi 20 Times 20 Times

I can confirm that a contract is applicable when moving an account to another address, this is a specific condition of service in accordance with eircoms terms & conditions of service. 

If you wish to make a formal complaint you can do so by contacting accounts on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al
    Al,

You havent answered my question/query . When I moved address I was not informed about the new contract nore was i furnished with a copy of the T&C's that you are referring to about. Also HAD you read my orginal post you would see that I have contacted the 1901 team several times and hence bringing my problem to this forum in order to seek some help.

So it would be  nice if you address my problem than replying for the sake of replying just to keep your response levels high !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there ,

Hi 20 Times 20 Times

Thanks
    Al
    Al,

You havent answered my question/query . When I moved address I was not informed about the new contract nore was i furnished with a copy of the T&C's that you are referring to about. Also HAD you read my orginal post you would see that I have contacted the 1901 team several times and hence bringing my problem to this forum in order to seek some help.

So it would be  nice if you address my problem than replying for the sake of replying just to keep your response levels high !

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi 20 Times 20 Times

A service agreement which contains terms and conditions is posted to you upon the openng of the original account and according to terms and conditions use of service is deemed as acceptance of terms and conditions with a 7 day cooling off period of course.

I understand this can be frustrating however should you wish to challenge this further you will need to lodge an offical complaint with eircom or comreg on 1890 229 668.[/font]

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement