Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

String Trio or Quartet wanted for June Wedding

Options
  • 12-09-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all, I'm looking for an AFFORDABLE trio or quartet for a June wedding in Offaly. We don't mind students at all. The ceremony is nonreligious and at the same site as the pre-reception drinks. We are looking for 2 - 2.5 hours total. I appreciate your responses!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Moved to a more appropriate forum for your query :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JenEED

Hi VintageBride,

I'm a professional musician myself. If you are to book a professional string quartet for the ceremony and drinks reception, you are probably looking at around €900. If you are looking for students, I would get in touch with the Royal Irish Academy of Music or the DIT Conservatory of Music. Just keep in mind, that it may be a difference of a couple of hundred Euro but the difference of the standard of playing and repertoire will be much greater. The trio compared to the quartet is definitely a good option to keep costs down.

hth

Advertisement