Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] 1 bed in Dublin

Options
  • 12-09-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All
    I'll be starting a new job just off St Stephen's Green on the 22nd Sept.

Looking for a 1 bed apt for a max of 600 Euro for myself (30) and my girlfriend (25) anywhere that's within a reasonable commute to work. (Ideally near a bus, Luas or rail stop etc.)

We are both friendly, clean and tidy tenants who will be respectful and mindful of the property.
    We have looked at sharing accommodation, and are open to the idea with the right people, but our ideal is to have our own place to ourselves.

We'd love a separate bedroom from the kitchenette/living area if at all possible.

Please PM me if you have a place that fits the bill
    Panthro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Very rare you will a 1 bed apt for that price that's a reasonable commute. You would want to be putting probably 300 on that. For instance I have rented out a 1 bed in capel street and the tenants are paying 950.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

By reasonable commute I mean I'm happy to sit on a train/bus for 40mins!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Panthro wrote: »
    By reasonable commute I mean I'm happy to sit on a train/bus for 40mins!:D

You still won't get it at that price! An hour plus and you still mightn't! You're effectively looking to pay 300 each, you need to up that by at least 100 per person to get what you're looking for.

Perhaps I'll need to get a p/t job so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

http://www.daft.ie/21485363

An hour and a half on the 109 bus will get you from kells to merrion row.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Since Kells was mentioned, there are a few places in Navan for around the 600 mark. Modern 2 bed apartments. It's about an hour or a little more by bus to Dublin CC but it'd have everything you need any days you didn't want to go to Dublin.

Maybe Rush, Lusk, Balbriggan, etc? I'm looking myself around Ratoath, Dunshaughlin, Ashbourne, Navan, Trim area and prices are getting pretty bad :/

Yeah I've seen a one bed in Balbriggan that will be for rent for 650 at the end of the month, I need a place a few days sooner though that's the only thing.
    Some lovely 2 beds out there for the 850 mark.
    I'm going viewing a room today in a shared house in Lucan, 460 for the room for a month.
    Not too shoddy!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Looking for a 1 bed apt for a max of 600 Euro.....

We'd love a separate bedroom from the kitchenette/living area if at all possible

1389111215616.gif

Dude, you'd be lucky to get a separate room for the toilet at that price.:pac:

1389111215616.gif

Dude, you'd be lucky to get a separate room for the toilet at that price.:pac:

Hoh!
    You smart arse!
    Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Remember to add in your transport costs too! If you got a room in a shared place in Harold's Cross or rathmines you could easily add 100 per month to your budget given you could walk to work from there. Good luck with your search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

Looking for a 1 bed apt for a max of 600 Euro for myself (30) and my girlfriend (25) anywhere that's within a reasonable commute to work. (Ideally near a bus, Luas or rail stop etc.)

Prices in (and around) Dublin are near extortionate really. A year ago I found myself a great 1 bed apartment in Clongriffin with bus 15 in front and DART two minutes away for €825 and consider myself very lucky..

You'd be lucky to find a double bed with ensuite (which will mostly be a closet with toilet and shower) in a house share for €600 in the places you are looking.

Moving out to Rush/Lusk/Balbriggan will add a considerable amount to your monthly expenses in commute so the few hundred you may 'save' there will go towards that end anyway.. Better to raise the amount you're willing to spend on rent, especially if there's two of you IMO..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

On www.daft.ie there is a total of 7 properties in Dublin for that sort of price. It means picking somewhere with no photos (questionable), a student residence or somewhere near the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It is crazy, I paid €950 for a two bed this time last year and now it's €1300 or more for the same complex. If you look at say Cabra you might find a flat around there for about €700, the buses along the Navan Road fly into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭gigglemuch82

There is no way you can get a 1 bed for 600 in Dublin - not even a studio. If you get a studio for 600, it will be a really dingy one if you can find one! The going rate for a 1 bed in Dublin is minimum 900. I've seen lots of ones for 850 and they are depressing as hell and unlivable.

Even the ones in Balbriggan are around 800 minimum at the moment.

Try Wicklow, Meath or Kildare but this will be more 1 hour or more commute each way, rather than 40 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

One option- tell your employer they are not paying you enough for the cost of living in the city they chose to employ you in. It's a long shot(maybe wait a few months when you have proven yourself), but ultimately true- they probably don't want you commuting all the way from back-of-beyond feckin' Kells.

Another option- get your GF to get a job and contribute if that is not already the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

The Spider wrote: »
    The other thread on rent prices was closed before I could reply to the guy who said he got a place for 350 a month, I was as sceptical as anyone, then I did a search I cam across the below, not it depends on what you want but these are in range.

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/12-north-frederick-street-dublin-1-dublin/1486078/
    The first one you posted is 1920 a month...

drumswan wrote: »
    The first one you posted is 1920 a month...

Coming up as 480 on my pc, anyway I did flag it as a possible scam, but could've been a mistake.

Actually just saw that, you're right I'll take it out, too good to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

The Spider wrote: »
    Coming up as 480 on my pc, anyway I did flag it as a possible scam, but could've been a mistake.

When you read the ad its 480 per person sharing a twin room. Two rooms = 1920.

Holy ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

And this one http://www.daft.ie/lettings/granville-road-area-cabinteely-dublin/1483993/ is only suitable for a female apparently (which is a shame because it is easily the nicest-looking one there, well kitted out and genuinely looks 'cosy').

Frankly, I wouldn't consider any of them big enough for a couple- most of them have single beds in the single rooms..

• Advertisement

And this one http://www.daft.ie/lettings/granville-road-area-cabinteely-dublin/1483993/ is only suitable for a female apparently (which is a shame because it is easily the nicest-looking one there, well kitted out and genuinely looks 'cosy').

Frankly, I wouldn't consider any of them big enough for a couple- most of them have single beds in the single rooms..

I wouldn't live in them, I'd commute or pay more, but the budget is the budget and that's what you'll get close to town.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

drumswan wrote: »
    When you read the ad its 480 per person sharing a twin room. Two rooms = 1920.

Holy ****

And the photo is of a double bed in one room with two little hand towels - does this denote two people to share? So not a twin at all perhaps...cosy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

for 600-650 you will get a studio. A couple in a studio would be madness

for 650-700+ you will get a separate bedroom.

Quality varies drastically

Advertisement