Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl or Aldi Suncreams

Options
  • 12-09-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi there.

Can anyone advise if Lidl or Aldi have any Suncreams for sale ? or is there anywhere else that has them on offer ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to Bargain Requests

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Shell out get the more expensive ones.i was using factor 50+ that I got in aldi. I was burned to a crisp

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Interestingly, Aldi suncream performed better than some much more expensive brands in this recent consumer test. There's also a recent thread about this in the Beauty forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shell out get the more expensive ones.i was using factor 50+ that I got in aldi. I was burned to a crisp

SPF is a tested calculation, any 50 SPF product has to meet minimum standards - so either you didn't apply it properly, didn't use the right type (went swimming with one that washes off) or stayed out all day in which case nothing will be useful. The middle one is far and away the most common. If its not waterproof, its going to wash off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I was using top of the range sun creams for my family for 15yrs of sun holidays to Spain.

This year we bought Lidl sun cream in a Lidl store in Spain and it was sane product as Irish Lidl shops sell.

Anyway it was brilliant worked fantastic on all the family. I had bought two different strengths was extremely impressed with quality and value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

Are Aldi and Lidl still selling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Seen a shelf full of half price sun cream in Dunnes the other day, in Castlebar but I'm sure other stores will have the same offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Dad11 wrote: »
    Are Aldi and Lidl still selling ?

Yes 30 spf for €1.99 at aldi...and its better than branded ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,336 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Most people do not realise that any SPF only protects you for a specific length of time.

So, if without applying SPF your skin would burn after 5 minutes of exposure, then using SPF 30 will mean you get the same amount of damage in 150 minutes.

You cannot just re-apply after those 150 minutes and expect to start again from zero exposure.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

MYOB wrote: »
    SPF is a tested calculation, any 50 SPF product has to meet minimum standards - so either you didn't apply it properly, didn't use the right type (went swimming with one that washes off) or stayed out all day in which case nothing will be useful. The middle one is far and away the most common. If its not waterproof, its going to wash off.

Must be the user's fault. My wife is Spanish is more religious about sunscreen than the pope is about Catholicism.
    It was uesd all the time we had 4 bottles of the stuff

What she was worried about was when my 2 year old was getting red seen as tho she was the reason we bought the factor 50 in the first place.

Switched I nivea while over there and problem stopped.

Im not on here trying to bash aldi I shop there every week but I found the cream not good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement