Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Away from San Francisco

Options
  • 12-09-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi Everyone,

Living in San Francisco and soon me and the boyfriend are hoping to go away for a weekend somewhere over the bay bridge within an hour or two max. Just for a break away, preferably have good weather, near a lake. Something that will feel like a mini holiday.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

Lake Tahoe. I don't care if it takes more than two hours, there just isn't a better lake to go to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Tahoe is beautiful - worth the drive, though the traffic can be bad, especially on Sunday coming back

Yosemite could be worth it as well, but as with anything east of SF...You need to drive though a whole lot of nothing to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Head north to wine country. Stay in Napa or Calistoga. Both have good resort hotels.

I stayed in Indian Springs in Calistoga a few weeks back. It has an Olympic sized outdoor pool heated by the volcanic springs. Very relaxing. Rented some bikes and went vineyard to vineyard tasting wines.

Would recommend Tahoe also. Was there during the snow season, so can't comment on what it would be like this time of year, but amazing place.

Yosemite is a bit of a trek away alright, but worth it. Books out well in advance, and if you want to stay in the hotel its very $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Ewa24 wrote: »
    somewhere over the bay bridge within an hour or two max.

So you want to go east towards the mountains?

Not north or south?

Has to be Lake Tahoe then.

Advertisement