Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud noises in IFSC at night

Options
  • 12-09-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

Does anybody know what the loud gun shot/banger like noises are in the IFSC at night time? They go off at least four times every night.
    They're too frequent to be gun shots I think - anybody have any info on this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Do they off at a set time?
    Never heard of such before.
    Wonder if it's coming from the docks?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Car engines back firing. Local ahem...car enthusiasts...roaring up and down East Wall Rd & Sherrif St in their souped up Subaru's. Every so often, the boys in blue will show up and they will scarper. But they are back in half an hour again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

We are entering fireworks season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sounds like it's noises from the docks, ships unloading etc, i work nights and when i pop out for some air it's pretty loud , and i'm just across the river from IFSC

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maremer

scudzilla wrote: »
    Sounds like it's noises from the docks, ships unloading etc, i work nights and when i pop out for some air it's pretty loud , and i'm just across the river from IFSC

Thanks! It defo sounds like bangers or something. Must be firework season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Maremer

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Do they off at a set time?
    Never heard of such before.
    Wonder if it's coming from the docks?

It seems to start around 8ish and then continue on and off all night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maremer wrote: »
    It seems to start around 8ish and then continue on and off all night!!

like i said, moving the large containers around, when they drop them there's a pretty loud bang

Advertisement