Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

its coming! Google Nexus 9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

Ludo wrote: »
    I only ordered mine last week (28th) and just got the shipped email.

Does it give you an expected delivery date? As its from the UK I assume tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Hopefully mine ships today. The payment at least appears in Google Wallet so heres hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

weslers wrote: »
    Does it give you an expected delivery date? As its from the UK I assume tomorrow.

1-3 business days.

Finally the repeated refresh button bashing has worked its on its way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

Tracking info is now available.

Tracking info is now available.

Mine is just saying information received on the DHL page how about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Hears6

I assume thats what everyones would say atm, as they probably haven't processed the order on their side yet, be patient it will come :D

When i clicked on the tracking number it has all the info.its in heathrow,hopefully i might have it by tomorrow.

When i clicked on the tracking number it has all the info.its in heathrow,hopefully i might have it by tomorrow.

Same as mine so. As it is DHL express it should be. I got a packaged delivered from them last week within a day. The order was received on a Tuesday got to East Midlands just after midnight on the Wednesday was in Dublin that morning and out for delivery at 10.30am so fingers crossed its the same thing this time around.

Its showing on my tracking now that my order has "been processed at heathrow" at 15.58. Hopefully if it gets off the ground this evening or tonight i will recieve it in the morning or sometime tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Its showing on my tracking now that my order has "been processed at heathrow" at 15.58. Hopefully if it gets off the ground this evening or tonight i will recieve it in the morning or sometime tomorrow.

It should do. It will go from there to East Midlands and fly out form East Midlands. Mine was processed at 16.19 so here's hoping.

It should do. It will go from there to East Midlands and fly out form East Midlands. Mine was processed at 16.19 so here's hoping.

I hope yours doesnt hold my one up :)

Give DHL a ring and tell them to get a move on. On my last delivery the next step was left the facility at around 9pm.

I also think you get an estimated time of delivery after step 3 or 4

So do you reckon going by the tracking so far,that we will see delivery tomorrow sometime? I haven't much past experience with dhl

So do you reckon going by the tracking so far,that we will see delivery tomorrow sometime? I haven't much past experience with dhl

Going on my previous delivery last week its the same progress so far. Next up is it leaves Heatrow (was around 9pm last time) it then arrived just after midnight in East Midlands. Got to Dublin around 7.30am and was out for delivery at 10.50am. As it is DHL Express its usually a faster service than standard delivery, not like other where it needs to be ready to go by 8am.

Going on my previous delivery last week its the same progress so far. Next up is it leaves Heatrow (was around 9pm last time) it then arrived just after midnight in East Midlands. Got to Dublin around 7.30am and was out for delivery at 10.50am. As it is DHL Express its usually a faster service than standard delivery, not like other where it needs to be ready to go by 8am.

Thanks,here,s hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

B1iPvzyIgAAR9c1.jpgNow listed with argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭corkie

Nexus 9 getting some poor reviews on some sites.

Check reddit.com/r/android for links to reviews.

On another note OEM Unlock: -
    The command will fail unless a certain box is checked in the device's "Developer Options" menu

See here.

I'm planning on unlocking the bootloader on mine as soon as i get it, don't want to end up setting the tablet up twice. Who else?

As for delivery of the tablet from DHL express, I'm in Cork, so I doubt if i'll see it tomorrow. Have text alerts setup anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

If I were to get it I would unlock and root straight away.

gzoladz wrote: »
    If I were to get it I would unlock and root straight away.

I haven't found a Custom Recovery for it yet and the Nexus Root Toolkit doesn't have support for the Nexus 9 yet.

So rooting will probably have to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

corkie wrote:
    Nexus 9 getting some poor reviews on some sites.

The only negative one seems that be from Android police, the reviewer seems to have gotten a defective unit as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

beno619 wrote: »
    The only negative one seems that be from Android police, the reviewer seems to have gotten a defective unit as well.

I've seen a few negative reviews, not only from Android Police, although he was particularly harsh.

The big gripe from all of the reviews is, for $399 it's just not premium enough. But for us in Ireland when you consider we're paying the equivalent of $500 after tax, shipping, etc. that price pinch is very much more of an issue.

Battery life is also a lot lower than was advertised in most reviews. This matters hugely in tablets.

I'm sincerely disappointed that the reviews say it isn't going to be as good as we all were expecting it to be. When it was first mooted all those months ago I was excited that HTC was involved and that Nexus was moving upmarket. The fact that I hate Apple and everything that they stand for made it all the more exciting that there was something coming along that would not only match, but beat the iPad I got from work that I have slowly fallen in love with.

We all knew we were going to get teething problems with a new device, that's the nature of tech, but considering how many updates this will need to get it up to spec, and how many weeks we'll be waiting for those, I'm afraid it'll be too late to return the device to Google to get a refund by the time they're fixed. So I've decided to bite the bullet and order an iPad Air 2. I'll test the Nexus 9, and the Air 2 in the hand. Whichever is better I'll keep, but based on the initial reviews it looks like the iPad will be hanging around.

Either way, I'll know soon enough, so long as it gets out of that warehouse in Heathrow tonight, and on to the plane to Ireland.

The big gripe from all of the reviews is, for $399 it's just not premium enough. But for us in Ireland when you consider we're paying the equivalent of $500 after tax, shipping, etc. that price pinch is very much more of an issue.

Would you have preferred a €500 tablet with a full aluminum construction ?

I haven't read a full review yet but a lot of people seem to have an issue with the price which is a little unfair imo.

• Advertisement

I'm toying with cancelling my order and buying a Shield tablet.
    Cons it won't have lollipop immediately but I use my N7 more than my N10 as I find portability important.
    Battery life is crucial as well. A slightly larger N7 with decent performance/battery may sway it for me.
    I'll still have the N10 should I need a large screen tab for extended media viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

beno619 wrote: »
    Would you have preferred a €500 tablet with a full aluminum construction ?

I haven't read a full review yet but a lot of people seem to have an issue with the price which is a little unfair imo.

No, I like the idea of the rubber finish. I'm very happy with the way the Nexus 5 sits in my hand with rubber as it's easier to hold, ditto the old Nexus 7, and anyway it'll be in a case for the most part.

The problem is a few reviews have picked up that the finish isn't great and that the buttons aren't super responsive.

I think the price matters as it's high for a Nexus device. I don't really care about paying that amount as I realise that Google are trying to move the brand upmarket, and the specs are great, but if they're not going to compete on price they need to be better than Apple. I was happy with a few niggles on the older Nexuses (Nexii?) as, considering how much I'd paid for it them, it was a brilliant feeling to have such great devices, but this is starting to look like Ryanair business class.

The delays with Amazon UK shipping N9 could be a blessing, I see they are shipping the Shield this week. Anyone any info on Nvidia's commitment and reputation on rolling out OS updates?

I've read today's reviews on N9 and leaving price aside I'm seeing issues with performance, battery and a lack of 'butter' for want of a better description

Mine has Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK @ 22:32

Where does it go from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hmm these early reviews are making me second guess whether I'll get it a bit. Although in fairness it still ticks the boxes in terms of screen size (and quality) and software (it would be my first nexus so getting updates immediately would be a big plus for me). And I should be able to get it from America so not as expensive as here.

I'll give it a week or two and wait for more hands on impressions from people before deciding.

• Advertisement

The delays with Amazon UK shipping N9 could be a blessing, I see they are shipping the Shield this week. Anyone any info on Nvidia's commitment and reputation on rolling out OS updates?

Nvidia have a fantastic record with the shield handheld and I'm sure the tab will get the same treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Hears6

Admittedly I'm a little disappointed with the reviews, but still it ticks all the right boxes for me, so I'm still excited for it :D

I think the price matters as it's high for a Nexus device. I don't really care about paying that amount as I realise that Google are trying to move the brand upmarket, and the specs are great, but if they're not going to compete on price they need to be better than Apple. I was happy with a few niggles on the older Nexuses (Nexii?) as, considering how much I'd paid for it them, it was a brilliant feeling to have such great devices, but this is starting to look like Ryanair business class.

Having read the reviews I understand where your coming from. Some issues could just be typical early adopter pains though.

Price wise its still way better value than the Mini 2 and Air 2.

For me its gone from a "need to purchase" to a "maybe I can wait it out". Unfortunately it seems like more of a Google device than a HTC.

corkie wrote: »
    Mine has Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK @ 22:32

Where does it go from there?

Mine arrived in Cork at 0834 this morning....should be here today I guess.

One thing to note about these so called reviews is that most of them were done with an unfinished version of Lollipop. The final release was only pushed out to all reviewers on Sunday afternoon so they would have reviewed the devices before the final version of the software.

I'm toying with cancelling my order and buying a Shield tablet.
    Cons it won't have lollipop immediately but I use my N7 more than my N10 as I find portability important.
    Battery life is crucial as well. A slightly larger N7 with decent performance/battery may sway it for me.
    I'll still have the N10 should I need a large screen tab for extended media viewing.

Have a look at this post might help with your decision - versus.com/en/htc-nexus-9-vs-nvidia-shield-tablet (sorry cant post working links yet)

Arrived....Cant open it though as it is a present. Damn.

Has anyone's Nexus status with DHL out for delivery yet? I thought they would have been updated to out for delivery by now.

Has anyone's Nexus status with DHL out for delivery yet? I thought they would have been updated to out for delivery by now.

I,m still waiting. I,m in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 NoelOC

Mine just says :Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:32 Yesterday :(

Looks like it will be at least tomorrow before I get mine...

• Advertisement

I,m still waiting. I,m in dublin

Same here

Same here

last update was that it is in the delivary facility in Dublin airport at 7.21am

Order of events - mine also arrived east midlands last night at 10:32 - and has already been delivered..dont give up on it today yet.

9 Delivered - Signed for by :XXXXXXXXXXXX CORK CITY 11:12
    1 Piece
    8 With delivery courier CORK - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 10:06
    1 Piece
    7 Arrived at Sort Facility CORK - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF CORK - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:34
    1 Piece
    6 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 05:15
    1 Piece
    5 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 02:12
    1 Piece
    Monday, November 03, 2014 Location Time Piece
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:32
    1 Piece
    3 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 20:05
    1 Piece
    2 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:57
    1 Piece
    1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 00:00

Ludo wrote: »
    Order of events:

9 Delivered - Signed for by :XXXXXXXXXXXX CORK CITY 11:12
    1 Piece
    8 With delivery courier CORK - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 10:06
    1 Piece
    7 Arrived at Sort Facility CORK - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF CORK - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:34
    1 Piece
    6 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 05:15
    1 Piece
    5 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 02:12
    1 Piece
    Monday, November 03, 2014 Location Time Piece
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:32
    1 Piece
    3 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 20:05
    1 Piece
    2 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:57
    1 Piece
    1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 00:00

lazy asses here in Dublin ludo, not like those hard working cork people:D

last update was that it is in the delivary facility in Dublin airport at 7.21am

I emailed DHL and this is what I got so fingers are still crossed

"We are having an IT issue with our scanners so no scans are showing on line.

The driver has this on board an delivery will be between 3-4 o clock today"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 NoelOC

I emailed DHL and this is what I got so fingers are still crossed

"We are having an IT issue with our scanners so no scans are showing on line.

The driver has this on board an delivery will be between 3-4 o clock today"

Oh!! Thanks - There's a glimmer of hope I'll see it today so also...

NoelOC wrote: »
    Oh!! Thanks - There's a glimmer of hope I'll see it today so also...

Here's hoping NoelOC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Mines arrived at home in Kildare, tracker still has it showing sitting in the delivery facility. Have a look up the top right of the page though it should have an estimated delivery of "end of the day".

OSI wrote: »
    Just watched the Verge's review and a little disappointed. Would still like to see one in the flesh, but the suggestions that it doesn't warrant it's price point, has poor performance and a poor screen, don't bode well for me.

Of all the reviews to take with a pinch of salt it would be iVerge's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Got mine a little while ago in South Dublin. Had just checked it's status and was still showing in the depot since 7am when the door bell rang. Have to get some more time to play with it.

Advertisement