Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin cheapish Lunches/Dinners

Options
  • 13-09-2014 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    Figured it'd be best to post it here. I'm a trinity student and I'm going to be in Cabra for the year, near the North Circular Road. By some miracle I got a room in a house but I will have access only to that room, which would have very basic facilities, basically a microwave and a kettle. That's fine and I can do some improvisation for around 3-4 days of the week but I'd have to grab some grub in town at some point. The campus places are alright but they close earlyish and I often stay in the library until late.

Basically, I'm looking for decent cafes/restaurants in the city centre and Cabra. Not too dear, just something simple like a soup/meal and a drink.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Yum Thai off Dawson Street is OK and its €5 for noodles and meat/sauce. There is boojum which is€5,75 for a student beside Jervis street shopping centre. It's my favourite burrito place. Mongolian BBQ in temple bar is cheap for lunch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've heard good things about the Woodstock cafe in Phibsborough which would be on your way home if walking or cycling. You'll have to check out prices yourself, I haven't been.

Edit: website with menu and prices here -http://www.woodstockcafe.ie/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Advertisement