Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow upc

Options
  • 13-09-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭

Livin in larchville and my upc very slow the last 2 nites barely gettin 3mbs again tonite. Fine durin the day. Anyone else havin the same problem anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

UPC down on the other side of town...

Edit: Fixed just as I posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

If you're using wifi that's probably the source of the problem. I pay for 200mb but the standard router wifi is terrible and when I'm right next to the modem I only get 40mb tops and that's when I'm the only one online. So when the signal drops a bit wifi is essentially useless. I bought a very good wireless router to boost the signal and now get 180mb most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

JenniFurr wrote: »
    If you're using wifi that's probably the source of the problem. I pay for 200mb but the standard router wifi is terrible and when I'm right next to the modem I only get 40mb tops and that's when I'm the only one online. So when the signal drops a bit wifi is essentially useless. I bought a very good wireless router to boost the signal and now get 180mb most days.
    The max you can get on any wifi signal is 70mb, if you want the full power of your broadband use a cable from the router to desktop or laptop.

Advertisement