Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales of Cycloidal Vibration Devices or 'Cyclo-Therapy' devices to elderly

• 13-09-2014 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Whilst not naming the company involved, nor the quality/claims of the products involved, would like to heed some caution to others.

... an elderly relative recently got an unsolicited phone call out the blue offering a free treatment and demonstration of these 'class 2a medical devices'. The phone call mentioned that we know you suffer from arthritis and may have a solution etc... (half the country has arthritis sure).

Though it was the usual registered Physio from the local health area that visited, instead learned it was a sweet talking sales rep with a flash car, a 3hr high pressure product demonstration and a contract seeking a signature.

So hours later, on a visit to the folks nearby, me and other family members discovered a signed order receipt, and that cheque hand been handed over for small deposit as part payment of..... wait for it.....

..... up to €10,000 for what looks like a regular armchair that has some sort of vibration feature. (seen the same product on other auction type sites for couple of hundred notes).

Needless to say cheque and order form are in immediate process of becoming a null void contact (cancellation), and relevant trading standards and media notified.

The name of the company put into the google search function, confirms all suspicions. Be aware as this is an international based company/franchise/licensee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think that I saw this company featured on Watchdog recently. Am I correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Probably, someone else mentioned this as well.

There are reports that the NHS (Health Trust) in Wales (this company's hq'd is in registered Wales operating with £1m in debt {credit check via companycheck.co.uk} issuing a country wide scam alert to all local health providers.

The UK ASA (Advertising Standard Authority) upheld complaints about them also.

The are also many complaints from as far as the US, Australia & New Zealand!

Apparently they have told some folks across the water (there are 10 million arthritus suffers in the UK), that 'prescribed pain killers' won't be needed again once this machine is used.

And these (OTE) Sales Reps have likely never even seen the gates of med college, or done any health training.

Well.... Looks like someone has bought the 'operating licence' and one of those data discs of 'potential customers' for Ireland (N+S) now, so be aware folks.

Advertisement