Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone with a supergun in the west?

• 13-09-2014 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all.

long story short is the GMIT Mayo students union "area 15" chill out area has had a makeover. There is an rough old arcade cabinet in there that I finally got at today with the blessing of the new SU president. As I run a college computer recycling scheme my plan is to stick in a pc and monitor, wire the controls to a encoder and have it as a freeplay mame cab for everyone to enjoy. I don't really want to go trying to source and fit a replacement monitor chassis as this is going to be in a public place and hopefully getting a lot of use. I've an old IBM P4 i can throw in there that is nigh on indestructible.

Now i knew the monitor had been removed but was surprised to find that there were 3 jamma boards left in there, one is bubble bobble, the other is teenage mutant ninja turtles and there is one as yet unidentified.

The plan is to sell these and use the proceeds to purchase the bits needed for the conversion (encoder,new button set etc.). any remainder can buy some more items for the chillout room.

I have no way of testing these so was wandering if anyone local has a supergun before I have a go at making one myself.

Damien

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You can sell them here in the Arcade and Retro Marketplace, even untested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Yep I would probably offer them up on here first. However I'm thinking tested and working/not working is better for a potential buyer than taking a punt on something untested.

That machine still has the wiring harness so I could knock up a supergun if I cant test them locally. It looks straight forward enough.

Anyone here done one? anything I need to look out for?

I also see that my Diy red and white cab didn't make it into the mame of shame yet :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

If that Bubble Bobble is original you can expect €400 for it easily.

Oh and The Last Bandit has a sexy supergun. He has fantastic shoes as well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    If that Bubble Bobble is original you can expect €400 for it easily.

Oh and The Last Bandit has a sexy supergun. He has fantastic shoes as well. :)

€400? Anyone wanna buy a BB, I joke not for sale!
    I paid €200-250(unsure but think the lower) for my orig taito board, €50 for my boot inc shipping (last 3months)
    Anyone willing to pay that's mad, it's a common game.
    I've a supergun ill swap for either of those boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

€400? Anyone wanna buy a BB, I joke not for sale!
    I paid €200-250(unsure but think the lower) for my orig taito board, €50 for my boot inc shipping (last 3months)
    Anyone willing to pay that's mad, it's a common game.
    I've a supergun ill swap for either of those boards!

Aye. The price for an original BB has exploded recently for some reason. Saw one go for £350, or £370 I forget recently.

Madness!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Aye. The price for an original BB has exploded recently for some reason. Saw one go for £350, or £370 I forget recently.

Madness!

The price of the bootlegs has gone up too since the release of the redux roms. I'd say the original might actually drop in price a bit now that you can burn 3 roms onto a bootleg board and play it like the original.

Advertisement