Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a Kindle fixed in Waterford?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

My kindle had similar problems, brought it back to tesco as it was under warranty they did not want to know without a receipt (it was a present). I went on to the Amazon website and they do a web chat and can talk you through sorting most problems. I found this service grill and not too difficult .

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

My kindle had similar problems, brought it back to tesco as it was under warranty they did not want to know without a receipt (it was a present). I went on to the Amazon website and they do a web chat and can talk you through sorting most problems. I found this service grill and not too difficult .

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tess Tickle

try this
    2Hold the power switch for 20 seconds. Slide the power switch and hold it in place for 20 to 30 seconds before releasing it.
    You need to physically hold the power switch in its off position for this long. Doing so tells your device to "reboot," in essence, instead of merely shutting down.
    The reboot screen should appear as soon as you release the power switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It could be just that the battery is fully discharged. The USB connector on some Kindle models is a bit iffy and might not be making a good connection. If the LEDs on the Kindle do not come on when charging, then it is probably an issue related to this connector. Sometimes moving the USB connector/plug very gently might make the connection and the LEDs should light up and the Kindle will charge.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Try Andys pc repairs, hes very good 0851503258

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Keep in mind,
    If this is a basic kindle model or the paperwhite it really may not be worth your money paying somebody to look at it, given the low enough prices of them.

I'd suggest calling Amazon and see what they can do, if it is broken they'll be able to advise you of options available to you.

Amazon just released a new basic model kindle today http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KDRUCJY/ref=fs_bour

Advertisement