Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on QS. What can they do and €€

Options
  • 13-09-2014 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi,

I know its been discussed before but I was looking to get current pricing for a Quantity Surveyor.

My project is the extensive renovation of a 100 year old hipped roof bungalow (131 m2), demolition of old flat roof extension (40 m2), extension of approx. 150 m2.

I'm seeing more and more of my budget being spent prior to anything being done on site and I'm wondering if a QS is worth it. I'm currently nearing the end of the architect process and about to apply for planning but I'd like to get a more concise estimate of costs for the build before I apply.

I intend to put the project out to tender so the employment of a QS seems logical. But I haven't the foggiest of what a QS would charge for the initial advice of costs (non specific) pre planning, the specific breakdown of costs post planning and the construction of tender documents.

Would an engineer be able to accurately do these tasks?

Thanks for your help on this. Its very difficult to get prices as every firm on the net is "contact us for a quote" which is frustrating as you have to invest so much time in the description of the project prior to getting the price of the job.

EP

Advertisement