Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holiday shoes.

• 13-09-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I need some suggestions please. I'm off on a short holiday in a month and need some suitable footwear. I have carry on only so I've limited space. I'll wear a pair of boots over, suitable for cooler evenings and if we get a bit of bad weather. I'm bringing a pair of very pretty flat sandals for dressy wear.

I need something that's cute enough to wear with a sun dress or shorts, but supportive enough for walking. I'll be 8 months pregnant so the comfort for these ones is very important. I'd like them to be suitable for wear on the beach and by the pool too. :o Budget is also very limited. I'm not sure where to look, so far I've tried H&M, boohoo and River Island. (all online)

My alternative is to pack a pair of flip-flops for the pool beach and bring a pair of light canvas shoes with sole inserts for walking about. They would go with sun dress/shorts, right?

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

How about something like these light shoes from ecco
    http://shopeu.ecco.com/uk/en/ecco/ecco-biom-lite-ladies_1468452/1468464?navId=538

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

They look so comfy, they have a similar pair on the debenhams website so I might pop in later to try them on. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I have these and they're very comfy
    mMMT3GjnETy0vim0-vCfudA.jpg

What make are they purplecow?

Sorry I should have said. They're Merrell. I picked them up in TK Maxx for about €40. Very comfy and well made.

• Advertisement

They are nice. Ive been eyeing up this style of shoe for a while now but haven't bought anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Schuh sale is worth a look.

I wear Hush Puppies all summer, every summer. These are similar to the ones I have. They're supportive and comfortable. I've worn them on holidays that have involved a lot of walking and they've been fine.

They have these ones on sale.

Definitely worth looking at the Schuh sale though.

fits wrote: »
    They are nice. Ive been eyeing up this style of shoe for a while now but haven't bought anything.

They're nice even with a pair of jeans for a casual look when you're not on holidays!

I really like those hush puppies ones. My only concern would be the thin straps, I've had no swelling in my feet yet but just in case the straps on the walking shoes would need to be flexible.

Nothing for me to try on on debenhams. Will head to schuh next week. Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Whispered I have 3 pairs of those Hush Puppies sandals and they are very comfortable and there is a lot of support in them too. I broke my leg 2 years ago and have suffered from very bad swelling in my ankle and foot since, it ends up 2-3 times the size of my right ankle, and the straps have held up very well. The straps can be made quite big but they also have a small elastic part on the strap, about 1cm long which allows for some give too.

• Advertisement

Whispered I have 3 pairs of those Hush Puppies sandals and they are very comfortable and there is a lot of support in them too. I broke my leg 2 years ago and have suffered from very bad swelling in my ankle and foot since, it ends up 2-3 times the size of my right ankle, and the straps have held up very well. The straps can be made quite big but they also have a small elastic part on the strap, about 1cm long which allows for some give too.

Great! thanks for that. I'll definitely have a look.

Advertisement