Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I wouldn't WC with that team personally (mine is similar but with Costa). Cahill to Hutton and Dzeko to Costa for -4 would get my vote. Then next week do Rooney to Aguero

Cheers. Why Hutton though? Villa, although looking solid atm have some awful fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've wildcarded.

It's a week earlier than I wanted/planned all along, but with Debuchy's injury and wanting Aguero (which would have cost me -4 to get in) alongside players such as Terry really not proving to be worth the money and having difficult games next week, I felt it best to pull the trigger now.

I'm currently on the below:

6da3b304cb27f3832be57a20a17481b2.png

Goalkeeper: Aside from Forster, I can't see any better options than Mignolet over the next ten weeks. Liverpool have a superb run coming up (although admittedly after today it doesn't always turn out that way) and rather than messing around with rotations etc I could just leave Mignolet in every week and not have to worry about it.

Defenders: STO/SWA and SUN/NEW rotate perfectly all season and have some nice games coming up. SOU also have superb games coming up and look solid enough. I'll play 3 of these every week, so will have at least 2 at home in any given gameweek and sometimes all 3.

Midfielders: They all speak for themselves, but I'd be slightly concerned about Sterling now with Lallana and Markovic there too. After today however, I'd imagine Rodgers might go straight back to Sterling. Boyd at £4.4m will play almost every week and you won't get a better sub at that price.

Strikers: Costa and Aguero speak for themselves. I'm tempted with Welbeck at £7m but with Pelle looking sharp I'll give him the opportunity to take advantage of Southampton's fixtures over the next few weeks before reviewing the third striker spot.

Bench: A £4.0m keeper, Boyd, and two of PvA/Collocini/Taylor/Wilson/Bertrand every week.

Any thoughts please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Debating wheter I should wildcard from this:
    WRYqKV.jpg

to this:

OWf3vY.jpg

Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

jebforever wrote: »
    Cheers. Why Hutton though? Villa, although looking solid atm have some awful fixtures coming up.

Most nailed on 4.0/4.1m in my opinion and Villa have been the most solid in that bracket. Although I guess with the transfers I was proposing you can afford up to 4.7m downgrade from Cahill. So maybe someone more expensive if you want to start the next 4 GWs. I'm happy leaving Hutton on my bench for now, even though he did outscore Krul+Cahill+Barsley...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jebforever wrote: »
    Krul - Elliot
    Cahill - Clyne - Ferdinand - Naylor - Moore
    Fab - Ramsey - Siggy - Sterling - Marney
    Rooney - Dzeko - Ade

1 FT, 2.1 itb, wildcard available

Really tempted to wildcard right now. Selling Costa last gameweek has left me deflated. There are like 5 players there that need to be ditched realistically. What do you think folks, should I go ahead with the WC tonight?

Keeper wise - Newcastle aren't keep cleaning sheets - would bring in another option.

Defence - Cahill bit expensive - possible downgrade.

Midfield grand for the moment - If united click - may need to get someone.

Strikers - You'll know more tomorrow about Rooney, wouldn't be too concerned for now (or Rooney to Costa), I like Ade, so view may be bias but I would keep him, but Dzeko should be moved for someone like welbeck or pelle as they will play. Dzeko is a rotation risk.

All in all wouldn't be using the WC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thanks lads. I think I'll hang on to my wildcard then as the team isn't in a mess and only a few niggling issues here and there which can be rectified with a couple of transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Paully D wrote: »
    I've wildcarded.

It's a week earlier than I wanted/planned all along, but with Debuchy's injury and wanting Aguero (which would have cost me -4 to get in) alongside players such as Terry really not proving to be worth the money and having difficult games next week, I felt it best to pull the trigger now.

Any thoughts please?

i'd avoid newcastle and sunderland if i where you ( more so newcastle), otherwise i think your bang on. maybe chester and another is a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    I've wildcarded.

Goalkeeper: Aside from Forster, I can't see any better options than Mignolet over the next ten weeks. Liverpool have a superb run coming up (although admittedly after today it doesn't always turn out that way) and rather than messing around with rotations etc I could just leave Mignolet in every week and not have to worry about it.

Defenders: STO/SWA and SUN/NEW rotate perfectly all season and have some nice games coming up. SOU also have superb games coming up and look solid enough. I'll play 3 of these every week, so will have at least 2 at home in any given gameweek and sometimes all 3.

Midfielders: They all speak for themselves, but I'd be slightly concerned about Sterling now with Lallana and Markovic there too. After today however, I'd imagine Rodgers might go straight back to Sterling. Boyd at £4.4m will play almost every week and you won't get a better sub at that price.

Strikers: Costa and Aguero speak for themselves. I'm tempted with Welbeck at £7m but with Pelle looking sharp I'll give him the opportunity to take advantage of Southampton's fixtures over the next few weeks before reviewing the third striker spot.

Bench: A £4.0m keeper, Boyd, and two of PvA/Collocini/Taylor/Wilson/Bertrand every week.

Any thoughts please?

Agree with the comments about the Sunderland/Newcastle pairing not looking so hot anymore. PvA has disappointed me lately and Newcastle look awful at the back.

Also, would you not have another 0.1 to go for Lloris over Mig, don't know if Liverpool's defence warrants investment.

Probably gonna play mine too this week. Made some rash decisions lately and need a clean slate....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Did Fletcher to Pelle last night as there was a risk Fletcher could drop. Absolutely delighted to see the back of Fletcher. I was always going to replace him this week (had been tempted to do points hit to get rid of him last week but benched him instead).

Couldn't really see a suitable candidate to replace him, and was toying with the idea of Welbeck until Pelle's audition yesterday. Added bonus of some nice upcoming fixtures for Southampton. My team has managed to shape up nicely without having to use my wildcard, but having only Krul as GK is a bit of a problem.

Have 1.8m in the bank to do Rooney to Aguero next week, so I can only afford max of a 0.1m swing on their prices. Kind of need a performance from rooney to halt his NTO, even though many have him captained.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Invincible

qwabercd wrote: »
    Did Fletcher to Pelle last night as there was a risk Fletcher could drop. Absolutely delighted to see the back of Fletcher. I was always going to replace him this week (had been tempted to do points hit to get rid of him last week but benched him instead).

Couldn't really see a suitable candidate to replace him, and was toying with the idea of Welbeck until Pelle's audition yesterday. Added bonus of some nice upcoming fixtures for Southampton. My team has managed to shape up nicely without having to use my wildcard, but having only Krul as GK is a bit of a problem.

Have 1.8m in the bank to do Rooney to Aguero next week, so I can only afford max of a 0.1m swing on their prices. Kind of need a performance from rooney to halt his NTO, even though many have him captained.

Good chance that Fletcher will drop after not playing, Pelle 2M more though. That Ulloa(spelling?) of Leicester seems alright for 5.5.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Good chance that Fletcher will drop after not playing, Pelle 2M more though. That Ulloa(spelling?) of Leicester seems alright for 5.5.

Yeah Ulloa has gone under the radar a bit alright, but I had the cash so splashed it on Pelle. Southampton look good again this year - albeit Newcastle make most teams look good.

As an aside, if (when) Pardew gets sacked, Newcastle's players might become a bit more valuable. Their defense just doesn't look up to scratch though, Pardew or no Pardew. Williamson was laughably bad yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Invincible

Yeah Ulloa has gone under the radar a bit alright, but I had the cash so splashed it on Pelle. Southampton look good again this year - albeit Newcastle make most teams look good.

As an aside, if (when) Pardew gets sacked, Newcastle's players might become a bit more valuable. Their defense just doesn't look up to scratch though, Pardew or no Pardew. Williamson was laughably bad yesterday.

That they do and with Rodriguez to come back from injury whenever, think Clyne rose last night, have Jones to shift before he drops.

Wonder who will replace Pardew, team with low expectations would be an easy route back to management for Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Invincible wrote: »
    That they do and with Rodriguez to come back from injury whenever, think Clyne rose last night, have Jones to shift before he drops.

Wonder who will replace Pardew, team with low expectations would be an easy route back to management for Moyes.

As a krul owner I'd love pulis.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Team is okay but just messing around to see what team I could get with wildcard with it be worth sacrificing my defence for this team
    Krul gilks

Pva wisdom Bruce dummett Hutton
    Routledge sterling di maria fabregas bridcutt
    Aguero costa falcao

Attacking just looks so sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

That defence is a disaster waiting to happen.

Was mainly to see if you could have a semi decent team with the three lads up top

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Eldoco wrote: »
    Team is okay but just messing around to see what team I could get with wildcard with it be worth sacrificing my defence for this team
    Krul gilks

Aguero costa falcao

Replace Bruce and Dummett with duff and moore and that defence is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭LostArt

Looking at Rafael in for Debuchy if he plays today, opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Krul >Forster
    Terry > Cissokho
    Debuchy > Taylor

-8 point hit to free up a lot of cash. Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

LostArt wrote: »
    Looking at Rafael in for Debuchy if he plays today, opinions?

See how Utd's defence work out today first, but on paper its a good move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,543 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Krul >Forster
    Terry > Cissokho
    Dubuchy > Taylor

-8 point hit to free up a lot of cash. Opinions?

Spending 8 points on defensive transfers is lunacy, the kind of lunacy we like though, so please go right ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

KevIRL wrote: »
    Spending 8 points on defensive transfers is lunacy, the kind of lunacy we like though, so please go right ahead

Considering 3 of 4 of my defensive players have garnered at measly 0 points between the three of them I think it's needed.

Regarding the Rafael transfer he will be fighting for his place with Valencia so could be subject to roatation .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Eldoco wrote: »
    Krul gilks

Aguero costa falcao

I don't get the love for Newcastle defensive players at all.
    Krul should go.
    Bruce/dummett not guarantee game time so get rid.
    The likes of Pocognoli or Mariappa both 4.4 and should get their games, west brom manager loves Pocognoli from a quick search of google

Dunno anything about Bridcutt, but from what I can see he only played 12 mins, Boyd or Cork would be better option - same price and should be guaranteed 90 mins (Boyd for sure)

I really like Routledge and at 5.5 is value imo.

Rest of team <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Gonna transfer out injured Debuchy. Who's the best 5.5m defender to replace him?

Clyne, Jagielka, Lovren ect...

Gonna transfer out injured Debuchy. Who's the best 5.5m defender to replace him?

Clyne, Jagielka, Lovren ect...

Chambers could be a good option at 4.5m, should replace Debuchy in the team. Too lazy to check Arsenal's fixtures.

Was mainly to see if you could have a semi decent team with the three lads up top

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Chambers could be a good option at 4.5m, should replace Debuchy in the team. Too lazy to check Arsenal's fixtures.

Seems like a direct replacement, and cheaper. I like having 1 defensive player from each of last seasons top 4. Think I'll go with Chambers alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Should I WC? Notable changes Sterling out, Aguero in. Wellbeck good idea? And Dumping Terry.

Old:

uz9qtw.png

New:

Sb4VEh.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

No need to double up on Spurs midfielders. You're also going to have a headache picking your starting 7 attackers every week. Trebling up on Southampton defence is also excessive.

Advertisement