Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,200 ✭✭✭✭km79

chambers 50:50 for European game due to tonsillitis..../

How does this look ??

I like it because it's similar to my own on the previous page, except I've downgraded shawcross and brought aguero in for rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

zarquon wrote: »
    Agree with this. He did have a great overall game and will get plenty of assists over the season but i don't expect him to score too much. ADM becoming too expensive is a good reason to jump on now. I also think that Ramsey to ADM is not a bad call. I'm still not convinced that Ramsey is a good long term pick. For me the only 3 nailed on options in anyones midfield should be Siggy, Fabregas and Boyd(bench fodder). Then it's a case of 2 from ADM/Hazard/Ramsey/Sanchez/Mata/Sterling.

I wonder how long people will stick with Siggy, I can see the next 2/3 GW's going by and him only picking up the odd assist. I would have the opinion that Ramsey should be a nail on in any team as oppose to Siggy, if your going for a 4 man midfield.

Don't really see the love for Sanchez at this price tag, while Mata could be a rotation risk.

If you have Fab, getting in Hazard at this point of the season seems like a waste.

Sterling is interesting, I have him and will probably keep for a while, but without sturridge up front I can see goals being a problem.

I think Eriksen could be a player that plays himself into most teams midfield as the season goes on, and then the likes of Mirallas always has an eye for goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trying to decide between Bertrand and Alderweireld. I suppose Bertrand would shade it with potential for assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just did straight swap. Sturridge out. Costa In.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I wonder how long people will stick with Siggy, I can see the next 2/3 GW's going by and him only picking up the odd assist. I would have the opinion that Ramsey should be a nail on in any team as oppose to Siggy, if your going for a 4 man midfield.

Who else is there around £6m who will return as much as Siggy though? You're talking about maybe Chadli/Dyer/Larsson/Schneiderlin/Wilshere. Will they score as much as Siggy? I highly doubt it. Sure you can pay more for another premium mid but then likely your defence will suffer or your third striker

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Costa and van Aanholt for Dzeko and Cahill.

jive wrote: »
    Who else is there around £6m who will return as much as Siggy though? You're talking about maybe Chadli/Dyer/Larsson/Schneiderlin/Wilshere. Will they score as much as Siggy? I highly doubt it. Sure you can pay more for another premium mid but then likely your defence will suffer or your third striker

Let's say over the next 4 GW's he doesn't provide you with anything more than 12/13 points, I would say the majority of people will not see him as nailed on. He had 3 good GW's.

Everyone of the other nailed on players has history of performing, at spurs he has a run of good games but then was dropped.

The idea that the defence will suffer doesn't really add up - top 5 players for keeping clean sheets this season so far cost 4.5 or under.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Let's say over the next 4 GW's he doesn't provide you with anything more than 12/13 points, I would say the majority of people will not see him as nailed on. He had 3 good GW's.

Everyone of the other nailed on players has history of performing, at spurs he has a run of good games but then was dropped.

The idea that the defence will suffer doesn't really add up - top 5 players for keeping clean sheets this season so far cost 4.5 or under.

He'll score that against Newcastle in GW7 alone :pac:. He has quite tasty fixtures until a very hard stretch from GW10-12

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

322331.PNG

Thoughts on a striker, tempted to get Pelle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In his previous spell at Swansea he was very consistent. I'd be very wary of taking him out myself but as you say when he has a few blanks or harder fixtures people will.

Defenders in the dream team are valued @ £7.2m,£5.4m & £5.2m. Last season was the top defenders were Baines, Coleman, Terry IIRC. If you're basing who the top defenders will be over the course of a 38 week season on 4 game weeks then you're going to be sorely mistaken.

The top defenders will come from the top4 + Baines as he takes penalties and a few set pieces. Based on last year, Coleman will also be in with a shout. All consistent starters for the top 4 will be in the £5.5m to £7.0m range for a reason. If any player from £4.5 or less ends up as a top scoring defender I'll eat the very keys I'm typing with*

*unless Pulis returns to premier league management

Your basing your love and nailed on status of Siggy based over 3/4 games.
    He doesn't have a history of high scoring in FF terms. So need to compare like with like.

He doesn't have a history of high scoring in FF terms. So need to compare like with like.

Eh? Per minutes played, his stats are good. I don't love Siggy at all, he's just by far the best option in that price bracket at this moment in time. You're saying it as if you can just transfer Siggy out for one of the £9.0m mids without suffering elsewhere whereas I'm saying that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The 2nd half of the the 2011/12 season says hello. 102 points in just under 1500 minutes for Swansea.

77 and 72 in about 1200 minutes the last two seasons when being a bit part player for Spurs is also decent enough in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Were you playing in 11/12? He was an absolute beast who pretty much ruined my season single-handedly.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Were you playing in 11/12? He was an absolute beast who pretty much ruined my season single-handedly.

Yes, don't remember him being a beast though. anyway, my point was that I don't see him as being nailed on the way some people are talking about him, and that if he goes the next 2/3 games with poor returns the masses who got him in will soon forget about all the above stats etc. and will look to get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Have 2 freebies so just did Bruce to Duff. Probably the least exciting transfer I've ever made but cannot afford to start losing value on a 4 mill defender.

Terry & Fletcher will likely to get the bullet as well if there gonna drop again before the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I did Zaha to Boyd, an equally boring transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Thinking of a 4pt hit

Mirallas for Mata
    Costa for Bony

Or should I hold for Costa for another GW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭G1032

This cheapie defense I have is all well and good until I get what I got this week......

5 defenders...
    Clyne 6 points
    Van Aanholt 0 points
    Wisdom 0 points
    Coloccini 0 points
    Robertson 0 points

I can forget about bringing in the likes of Di Maria etc until this gets sorted

Chambers looks like an option for a transfer this week. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Thinking of a 4pt hit

Mirallas for Mata
    Costa for Bony

Or should I hold for Costa for another GW

I'd get Costa in now, he's proving to be a must-have. If he rakes in another big score you'll be kicking yourself you didn't have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Thinking of a wildcard now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

G1032 wrote: »
    This cheapie defense I have is all well and good until I get what I got this week......

5 defenders...
    Clyne 6 points
    Van Aanholt 0 points
    Wisdom 0 points
    Coloccini 0 points
    Robertson 0 points

I can forget about bringing in the likes of Di Maria etc until this gets sorted

Chambers looks like an option for a transfer this week. What a mess.
    Could be worse you could have the likes of
    Terry -1
    Debuchy 2
    Lovren 2
    which a lot would have.
    Im more than happy with a cheap defence newcastle and wba have been poor defensively but there is plenty of good cheap options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

jebforever wrote: »
    I'd get Costa in now, he's proving to be a must-have. If he rakes in another big score you'll be kicking yourself you didn't have him.

At least wait till after the champions league game on Wednesday.

Am holding off on di maria til later in the week or next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭larchielads

Took a -12 to get thisScreenshot_2014-09-15-23-30-08.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just used the first of my FTs. Deadweight Cameron to Duff. Things don't get much more exciting than this.

Will hold out on my other one until at least the Euro games have been played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

2 villa defenders is a bit crazy. 3 united attackers is more than a bit crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

does anyonne know the story with martin kelly of palacE? played t90 mins of the first three games but didnt feature this week, should i keep him or ditch for another 4.5??

i think we are approaching the stage of a lot of teams having the same core of their team.. looking for a few differentials now.. not sure about ramsey long term

Advertisement