Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GMIT or DIT?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hiya. I was recently given two offers from GMIT: GA885 - Outdoor Education - Mayo Campus, and GA872 - Heritage Studies - Mayo Campus. As far as future professions, I'm not 100% sure what I want to do, but I have a fairly good idea. I am very interested in environmental studies/science, learning about the effects of climate change and how we can how we can live more sustainably, etc. I know that environmental studies is in the modules, but is there a big emphasis on environmental sustainability/management/science in the course? Has any student gone on to work for an environmental NGO such as WWF or Friends of the Earth? That is the kind of path I am aiming for. However I have also been offered a place at Dublin Institute of Technology for Environmental Management, and I am in the situation of which one to choose. I love the Galway-Mayo area, nature, hiking, the outdoors, etc., but I am also looking for a course that will be applicable in our modern world and perhaps overseas as well. Anyway, thank you for reading this and taking your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hiya. I was recently given two offers from GMIT: GA885 - Outdoor Education - Mayo Campus, and GA872 - Heritage Studies - Mayo Campus. As far as future professions, I'm not 100% sure what I want to do, but I have a fairly good idea. I am very interested in environmental studies/science, learning about the effects of climate change and how we can how we can live more sustainably, etc. I know that environmental studies is in the modules, but is there a big emphasis on environmental sustainability/management/science in the course? Has any student gone on to work for an environmental NGO such as WWF or Friends of the Earth? That is the kind of path I am aiming for. However I have also been offered a place at Dublin Institute of Technology for Environmental Management, and I am in the situation of which one to choose. I love the Galway-Mayo area, nature, hiking, the outdoors, etc., but I am also looking for a course that will be applicable in our modern world and perhaps overseas as well. Anyway, thank you for reading this and taking your time.
    You want an environmental career, youve been offered environmental studies, youre wondering whether outdoor education or heritage would have more environmental emphasis, baffling.

Advertisement