Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN 21 PlayStation 3 Games... and Feel Good Doing So

Options
  • 13-09-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow boardsies,

Last year, I took part in Extra-Life, a charity raising money for children’s hospitals. It is of particular interest to video game enthusiasts like me becuase it involves playing video games for 24-hours and raising money at the same time. Win win!

To help me raise money last year, I gave away a bunch of my PlayStation Vita games and a 16GB memory card. This year, I'm doing much the same thing, but with my PlayStation 3 games collection.

If you would like a chance to win the below list of games, please follow this link, donate a minimum of $10 (~€7.71) and include your boards.ie username in the comment of your donation. A winner will then be drawn at random using Random.org. Of course I would like to urge everyone to give as much as they can, donating more will not increase your chances of being picked, as that would be unfair.

On to the prize… there are 21 PS3 games available (second-hand obviously so no online passes). I have included a picture below, but the games are:
    • All Blacks Rugby Challenge
    • Assassin's Creed 2
    • Assassin's Creed 3 (with steelbook case)
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • Call of Duty: Blacks Ops 2
    • Dishonored
    • DmC: Devil May Cry
    • Far Cry 3
    • God of War 3
    • Heavy Rain
    • Mass Effect 2
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Max Payne 3
    • Portal 2
    • Rock Band 3
    • Saints Row 3
    • Sleeping Dogs
    • Sports Champions
    • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    • Unreal Tournament 3

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=15300

If you have any more questions, just ask below. By the way, the closing date will be 24th October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hey all,

Disappointingly, there have been no donations made so far but I hope this changes soon. If you read this but simply cannot afford to give anything right now, it would really help if you can inform friends or family you think would be interested in this.

Thanks for any and all of your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Otacon wrote: »
    Hey all,

Disappointingly, there have been no donations made so far but I hope this changes soon. If you read this but simply cannot afford to give anything right now, it would really help if you can inform friends or family you think would be interested in this.

Thanks for any and all of your help.

Rest assured I'll pull my finger out on payday and donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Missed this the first time around.
    Nice and easy to use though - remember you doing this alright last year. Best of luck this time around.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Donation made, I hope you're streaming it so we can check in on you :p

Shiminay wrote: »
    Donation made, I hope you're streaming it so we can check in on you :p

I will be. I'll update this thread and the Extra-Life page with the details.

Still have no idea what I'll be playing. In the course of 24 hours, probably all of my games!

Also, thanks for the donations so far.

• Advertisement

Bumpity Bump.

Thanks for the donations so far. Not long now until Extra Life is in full swing.

Just a reminder, please donate what you can and if you do, make sure you include your boards.ie username in the comments.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Otacon wrote: »
    Bumpity Bump.

Thanks for the donations so far. Not long now until Extra Life is in full swing.

Just a reminder, please donate what you can and if you do, make sure you include your boards.ie username in the comments.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

I knew I was forgetting something!

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Donated there now, fair play to you!

Only 2 weeks left - hopefully you'll reach your goal by then. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks all.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Hey guys/gals/robots,

There is just over a week left before Extra Life so I am making one last plea for donations ahead of the 24-hour marathon.

Thanks in advance.

Final message before the big day, I promise.

I will be streaming as much of my game-play as I can here - http://www.twitch.tv/superfunhappydiarm. Come by and show your support (or heckle me).

Congrats on making your target Otacon.

Thanks for all the support. I will be starting in about 15 minutes and the draw will be done once I finish so there is still time to enter.

I hit my first target but I have amended it to beat my total from last year. Please help of you can. You guys and gals are fantastic.

Watching you play Shadow of Mordor right now - interesting...
    Wish I could give more but am tapped out O.

Taltos wrote: »
    Watching you play Shadow of Mordor right now - interesting...

Yeah, got my arse royally kicked there for quite a lot of it. Still, first impressions say I will like the game.

A friend is playing DriveClub at the minute, trying to master drifting.

Don't worry about donating more. If you can't afford it, you can't.

Hello again,

Right, Extra Life is over. Thanks to everyone who donated. I made over $500 in the end so I'm happy.

The winner of the competition is zero19. Congrats. PM me your address and I will send the games to you this week.

Again, thank you all.

Well done Otacon. Gave me some ideas on next games to play there ;)
    Congrats zero19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Thanks Octacon, PM sent. Well done on raising all the money! :)

Advertisement