Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accepting credit cards

Options
  • 13-09-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭

What would be a good way of doing this?

For some time I don't have a terminal as the annual charge used to be around 500 plus the commission etc. and so I dropped it.

But I have begun to loose bookings from people who need to pay by card (over the phone as it happened).

Paypal and Bank Transfer were not acceptable.

What would be a good way to be able to take this kind of a booking?

Is it necessary to be able to process these payments with the card present or is it feasible to do it online ( even if the card is actually present) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 msdoc

I use Realex and can process payments online. I'm guessing that even if the card was present and you wanted to process there and then, you could just go to the online terminal and process in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Stripe have an online terminal too, there are no setup costs, its a very simple process to set up, no monthly cost either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

as above, once it is phone bookings or some other way where you can take down the card number, then an online virtual terminal is all that you need.

Here's the AIB details

http://www.aibms.com/our-solutions/card-not-present/virtual-terminal/

Here's Elavon's details

http://www.elavon.ie/our-services/small-business

Personally I prefer elavon as they are Irish based and servcie is better than aib who basically resell service of First Data in the UK.

Advertisement