Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there always one?????

Options
  • 13-09-2014 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Why is there always one asshole in every job, one that has to stand out for the wrong reasons.

In every job that I have had, in Ireland and abroad, there is always one asshole that thinks he or she is boss, even though they have minimal priority, and are even less experienced than the senior crew. Also, these people do so little work and sit around and observe others and make everyone else's job so difficult.

I just can't except it and it irritates me, almost to a boiling point

Anyone got any examples?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Plenty examples, but you know, life is too short to be following emotions, better to just smile at them and leave 'em be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There's no asshole where I work.

Wait....

Oh...

It's me, isn't it?

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Yip..he's the least productive and trys to pawn off as much work as possible, also he going for a recently vacanted manager role, he will not get it. .. i have a plan :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I hear you. In my job there is one guy who really fcuking irritates me. He walks in late, surfs the net for ages before even looking at his work emails, stands around chatting to the lads about the match and generally gives off an air of "jovial, loveable jack-the-lad" whereas all i see is "lazy, work-shy waste of space who likes to talk his way out of work". He causes so much drama and hassle when asked to do anything (never let anyone tell you men cannot be drama queens) that his supervisor has just written him off and gives him the easy jobs, which is of course what he wants.

Management seem to fall for his alleged charm and they see him just as a "character" but others in the office can see right through him and resent picking up the slack. I know people always advise you to not mention others in a workplace but I have said on 2 occasions when my boss was on my back about a report "Jesus, John gets a week to finish his reports, is he more important than the rest of us?". I usually get a complete blank look as if I have 2 heads. I hate the working world..

Advertisement