Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Hacked

Options
  • 13-09-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all - not sure if this is the right subforum but apologies if not.

I have a wordpress website hosted with <mod snip> that was hacked this afternoon. I am unable to contact the hosting company as they are not answering their phones or replying to email outside of Monday-Friday. As I'm completely locked out of the site, cpanel and FTP, I'm wondering if their server has been hacked - I'm wondering if anyone else on here has a site hosted with this company and is experiencing similar problems? PM me if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

One thing to check before you panic, has your IP been blocked on the server.
    Many hosting companies have an IP unblocker on their admin sites.

On a side note if your service provider "disappears" at weekends, and probably bank holidays as well, it is time for a new provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭daymobrew

M.T.D wrote: »
    On a side note if your service provider "disappears" at weekends, and probably bank holidays as well, it is time for a new provider.
    And <mod snip> are not great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

No discussion of hosting companies. Read the forum charter please.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 moon1

Hi, next time consider using some security plugins for your website like bulletproof security and wordfence.

Advertisement