Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Dublin's former "TV Club"/"Telly Club" called these days?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 6:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

Does anyone know what this building is now? Maybe its still a club. The "TV Club"/"Telly Club" was a busy nightclub in the early '70s and as far as I know it was on Hartcourt Street.

All feedback appreciated. I have a feeling its now Krystal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭secman

Was it not demolished when the garda hq was built ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is it where KPMG is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I though it was opposite the old Harcourt St Station, is it now the Odeon? Anyway, long demolished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

secman wrote: »

This is where it was located.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

tricky D wrote: »
    This is where it was located.
    The Puzzle Palace then. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Melody Maker

I though it was opposite the old Harcourt St Station, is it now the Odeon? Anyway, long demolished.

Im confused lads :) Is the consensus that it was the Odeon or it was where the Gardai station is now?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Im confused lads :) Is the consensus that it was the Odeon or it was where the Gardai station is now?

Cheers!

The Garda building is where the TV Club used to be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

The TV club was where Dicey's is now only smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

septictank wrote: »
    The TV club was where Dicey's is now only smaller.

No. it wasn't. It was where the garda HQ is, as pointed out earlier. Gigi's was where Dicey's is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

Hadn't looked at spurious's post with the Thom's info, it never seemed to be that far up, used to go to see the blades there in the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I could have sworn the TV Club was up near Harcourt Rd, opposite Odeon, then the defunct Harcourt St Station. Does anyone have access to a map with street numbers, a bit more informative than this? (Maybe a little more recent, this one is 1948 or so. Will have a look around myself, there may be a dog-cornered old OS map lying around somewhere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM88dY0s4YE

Go to one minute twenty seconds.

I was at that gig.

Exactly as other posters said. It was where the Garda Station is.

Advertisement