Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Top engine paint fading faster than rest. Pics included.

• 13-09-2014 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Hey. This is a Tiger 800, 2013. Bought new and well looked after, regularly cleaned. Done 20,000km.

See the pics, how the top cover is noticeably fading and faster than the rest of the engine. I guess this is mostly due to heat. But still, surely this shouldn't be happening.

Wondering if I should kick up a fuss with the dealer.

See pics. What do you think? Am I over-reacting?

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Just ride it and don't worry, probably a different metal to the rest of the block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

After driving a BMW and a Ducati, engine paint is a luxury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Stupid question but are you sure its not meant to be like that? It looks to be fading very uniformly if it is....as in all perfect across the block in the same pattern. When I test rode the Tiger 1050 it had a similar look IIRC.

Nice boike BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Just ride it and don't worry, probably a different metal to the rest of the block.

I know it's petty. Personally I don't care much...BUT, it's pretty noticeable lately, and would be to the next buyer. Still under warranty. Just felt like it shouldn't happen.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Stupid question but are you sure its not meant to be like that? It looks to be fading very uniformly if it is....as in all perfect across the block in the same pattern. When I test rode the Tiger 1050 it had a similar look IIRC.

Nice boike BTW

Well, it's the whole cylinder head cover, it's its own piece of metal like, so that part would be uniform. Not meant to be like that, it's only gone chalky like that recently. I agree that it sort of looks "okay" in the pics, like its a nice grey or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Was just about to ask same as Wonda! Looks like it's meant to be that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Was just about to ask same as Wonda! Looks like it's meant to be that way!

Nah, attached are two pics I took a couple of months ago. I have done about 6,000km since, though.

Shouldn't happen, IMO.

colour.jpg

colour2.jpg

Advertisement