Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Shows

Options
  • 13-09-2014 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭

I am asking because my daughter is starting to jump her pony and would like to enter the odd competition but I have no idea where to find local ones in the west.

I know it is simple but even Google is letting me down

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Hi ,

Best thing to do is ring all local venues to you & ask to be added to their mailing list or subscribe to their FB Page. Donedeal also have an equestrian notice board which is worth keeping an eye on horseplay.ie have an event calender.

If they want to do SJI , a list of shows will be on their website.
    thecivvie wrote: »
    I am asking because my daughter is starting to jump her pony and would like to enter the odd competition but I have no idea where to find local ones in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

What's local in the west for you? I know here in Mayo there's a few shows every year, and that's just around the Castlebar/Westport area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

marley123 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Best thing to do is ring all local venues to you & ask to be added to their mailing list or subscribe to their FB Page. Donedeal also have an equestrian notice board which is worth keeping an eye on horseplay.ie have an event calender.

If they want to do SJI , a list of shows will be on their website.

Will do that, she has never jumped in any competition but she is getting very good
    corsav6 wrote: »
    What's local in the west for you? I know here in Mayo there's a few shows every year, and that's just around the Castlebar/Westport area.

I am about 30 miles from Westport, will start asking up that way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Are you in a livery yard or riding school? They will usually know the events that are on in the area.

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Are you in a livery yard or riding school? They will usually know the events that are on in the area.

She was, will ask them thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Is she in Pony Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Will do that, she has never jumped in any competition but she is getting very good

I am about 30 miles from Westport, will start asking up that way

Turlough stables hold a few events each year. There's a place in kilmeena just outside Westport that also have a few shows.
    I'll ask a friend of mine in the evening and see if he knows any coming up soon, he's a regular at shows.

Is she in Pony Club?

No, the closest is too far away at the moment
    corsav6 wrote: »
    Turlough stables hold a few events each year. There's a place in kilmeena just outside Westport that also have a few shows.
    I'll ask a friend of mine in the evening and see if he knows any coming up soon, he's a regular at shows.

Thanks for that. Just sorted a lend of a horse box for her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Op.

Look for the Showjumping Assoc of Ire app as you can download the regular bulletin and that will give you the listed Autumn Leagues.

By having more info on your location I maybe able to pinpoint a venue that runs their own leagues

I am just north of Clifden, will grab the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

I am just north of Clifden, will grab the app

Connemara, abeautiful place but not exactly a hotbed of Showjumping. Being honest it will be a long haul to any of the centers which run a league.
    Rockmount or Duffy's both in Claregalway will be your indoor options after Christmas. Galway Equestrian Centre on the Monivea rd out of Galway(about 4 miles beyond the airport) would be the only place with an outdoor league at the moment and it also runs in the spring.

I don't think there is anywhere that organise regular events back near you .
    Judy Caz.(not want to use full name) In Cleggan maybe your best contact even regarding the connemara pony performance classes. Also they involved in dressage which is the foundation of everything else ;-) and its a good way to have a few days away from home for pony and rider without having to worry about jumps. And there is an autumn league but again will involve travelling a distance.

Thanks for the info, my wife knows Judy I think. Think the Spring league maybe more realistic at this stage

Advertisement