Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Travel insurance Claim -Water damaged mobile

Options
  • 13-09-2014 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

During my holiday my phone got in water (does not turn back on ), I was wondering if anybody had similar situation .

Is it possible to claim anything ?

I purchased the best insurance option.

Oh , the phone(nexus 5) was a gift so i go no receipt but have all the original packing :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Why not have a look through the policy yourself? It's available on their website.

https://ryanair.insurengine.com/Content/pdf/en-GB/insurengine/policy_wording/policy_wording_standard.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd have expected that travel insurance would not cover accidental damage to a personal possession which could just as easily have happened at home. What I mean is that if the airline loses your bag or you get stuck in an foreign airport for 24 hours, that is connected with travelling and would give rise to a possible claim but getting your phone wet is not so I'd be surprised if it's covered.

Advertisement