Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel systems (yes again, I'm sorry!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Reviews of both are generally good though both have drawbacks which is to be expected I suppose, nearly every system has some downsides from what I can see.

Milem I'm due in January but as my mum went early on all of us and so did a lot of the family I'm a bit worried about leaving it too late. I'll be in Mayo for Christmas (live in Kildare) and I'd kinda like to have a car seat in the boot if not the car at that stage so I'm not caught on the hop if you get me? If we don't like the maxi cosi one we are definitely going to start watching prices and get it closer the time but I'm just not sure about waiting til January as I'll be 37 weeks odd!

No that is too stressful! I was due in January and tony kealy said the latest we should order it was October mid term as with bugaboo they can take 3 weeks to come in! And then I was worried if there was crazy snow etc!! Thank god i did because i ordered a sand colour and then it turned out it was discontinued!! If you find a price on uk site tony kealy will price match. I think you need to play around with the systems and practice putting them up and down etc. Eurobaby have a good lot as do Bella baby and if you do love a very expensive one you can go on adverts. On a bugaboo everything is washable. Also don't rule out display models, I saw a stokke crusi in mamas and papas for €750 for everything but isofix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We got a lot of hands on today which really is great as you say, did mamas and papas and mother are in blanchardstown and called into baby elegance on the way home.

There are so many options out there and as you say the option is always there to buy the car seat and go second hand on the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We got a lot of hands on today which really is great as you say, did mamas and papas and mother are in blanchardstown and called into baby elegance on the way home.

There are so many options out there and as you say the option is always there to buy the car seat and go second hand on the rest!

Yes defo, you always seen deals on that maxi cosi anyway. Symths just had 20% off recently. Did you check out boots (online) they were doing 10% orders overly €100. They recently had a great sale. I wouldn't get too fussed about the car seat anyway! At your anomaly scan you will get a print out of the percentiles of baby. Ours were always off the chart lol lol hence needed a new car seat after 6 months!!! Baby outgrew the seat on height not weight.

Advertisement