Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford driving lessons

Options
  • 13-09-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey, i just moved to Waterford and im planning to do my full driving licence. Any recomendations when it comes to schools of motoring or instructors? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My son had lessons with Niall from A-Class motoring and passed his test first time when he was 17. My younger lad will be having his lessons with him in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 poisonous

deisemum wrote: »
    My son had lessons with Niall from A-Class motoring and passed his test first time when he was 17. My younger lad will be having his lessons with him in the next few months.

thanks, and how much is one lesson with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

€25

• Registered Users Posts: 13 poisonous

deisemum wrote: »
    €25

thats pretty cheap for a driving lesson, thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Maurice Walsh from ABC driving. Highly recommend him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

Odats wrote: »
    Maurice Walsh from ABC driving. Highly recommend him.

Would second Maurice! I got a recommendation for him last year after years and years of being too afraid to drive, was unbelievably nervous. He got me driving in no time, lovely man and really instils confidence in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Used Larry Lyons myself, thought he was very good 0872875072

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Anyone any recommendations for David Ronayne?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I found Passmaster very good. Wasn't expecting to pass on my first go but to my own surprise (and, unflatteringly, the surprise of my family) I managed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ritchie Roberts is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Anyone any recommendations for David Ronayne?

Yep

100%

Very good instructor

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

did my test last week, had niall for the lessons, he changed his car on the 11th lesson and it freaked me out a bit, its one of these new stopstart with no handbrakes.. I did the test in a friends car, test was at 8:25 in the morn! :/
    Niall met me at the test center a little after 7 to give me a run through with the car and to make sure the car was ok..
    turns out i had a blown rear brake light.. he gave me a bulb and all!
    Now im on to the IBT for bikes.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

0rt wrote: »
    did my test last week, had niall for the lessons, he changed his car on the 11th lesson and it freaked me out a bit, its one of these new stopstart with no handbrakes.. I did the test in a friends car, test was at 8:25 in the morn! :/
    Niall met me at the test center a little after 7 to give me a run through with the car and to make sure the car was ok..
    turns out i had a blown rear brake light.. he gave me a bulb and all!
    Now im on to the IBT for bikes.. :)

Did you pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

yup, first time and all.. feck all sleep because i was a bit anxious.
    was handed the N plates, i probably made a face because the tester said "look at it like this.. its like bragging you have passed your test" and my reply was "having no plates is bragging"..

Either way.. I was looking into a bus licence, hence me going for the car one first.. all the heavy vehicles are changing their testing methods on the 29th and the government booked up all the available tests around the country between now and then!

Im goin to concentrate on the IBT for the bike, pick up a bus and get converting to a camper.

Advertisement