Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding a Level 8 degree

• 13-09-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I know if you do a level 7 degree you can choose to do the extra year and get a level 8 degree.

If you got into level 8 through the CAO, do you have the option to leave in the third year and count it as a level 7 degree?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I know if you do a level 7 degree you can choose to do the extra year and get a level 8 degree.

If you got into level 8 through the CAO, do you have the option to leave in the third year and count it as a level 7 degree?

If you leave after your third year in a four year course you won't be given a degree. I think you can apply for an 'exit award' through the college though. How common they're awarded I'm not entirely sure.

You should ask your course coordinator.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 inisor

A lecturer told me last year that if someone is signed on for the four years but only wants to do three that the college will more than likely facilitate them to just obtain the level 7 and let them go.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

depends if your course has a 3 year option,

computing has a 2(L6),3(L7) and 4(L8) year option, so you can leave after any of them,

you have to request to leave early(an exit award) and needs to be applied for as soon as the results come out

Advertisement