Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Graduation.

• 13-09-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, I intended to go to my graduation but missed it in the end. Do they just post the degree out,or is there someone I need to contact in order to receive it? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

goldiejam wrote: »
    Hi, I intended to go to my graduation but missed it in the end. Do they just post the degree out,or is there someone I need to contact in order to receive it? Thanks!

I believe that they post them out. Did you contact the college to tell them that you wouldn't be attending?

On this note, is there any way that you could arrange for your graduation to be held a year later for any reason? I noticed that a friend of mine attended his graduation yesterday but I know for a fact that he finished his course last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭goldiejam

Thanks, I'll give them shout just in case. I never contacted them to say I would not be attending, it was a last minute thing and I couldn't make it, paid for robe an all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

You were conferred in absentia,
    They do a head check before the precession, if your not there they call out your name on stage and post your scroll.

Technically they are supposed to confer your degree at the next opportunity. I know people who have managed to have the rules bent but they asked before the graduation.

Advertisement