Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards European Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I didn't even know they both held it :/

Gonna go with Bradshaw... Maggle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Mark Henry for me, he held the belt longer than Bradshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is a truly horrible match up. Bradshaw held it for a paltry 8 days and Mark Henry didn't even win a match to get it, it was given to him by Jeff Jarrett. I'll go with Henry though as at least it was part of a storyline and he defended it on a PPV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bradshaw, cause I flipped a coin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Mark Henry as I can't remember Bradshaw's reign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mark Henry because he's Mark Henry, no but really I enjoyed his unification thing v D-Lo

Sexual Chocolate advances past the former Acolyte in a dull enough encounter. This next match up features guys you would associate with an entirely different division. Let's get to it.

Crash Holly

Elroy goes European

24_Crash_Holly_1.jpg

vs

Al Snow

The Walking Talking Stereotype

AlSnow_display_image.jpg?1320852574

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Al Snow. That picture reminded me of his silly stuff with the title, it was an enjoyable enough gimmick while it lasted.

Al Snow for me too. Loved when he came out representing Greece but was dressed as someone from Grease. Classic.

Al Snow to win the whole tournament. Loved his reign with his comedic elements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Al Snow to win this contest but nowhere near the tournament which has to be DLO Brown

The Snowman ploughs through to the quarter finals with his much loved stereotype parody gimmick. Next up is a pretty interesting bout...

Jeff Hardy

Team Xtreme's Dare Devil

hqdefault.jpg

vs

Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy Version0.5

matt_hardy_wwf_european_champ_by_windows8osx-d5aj1b5.jpg

I'm a big Jeff Hardy fan but I have to give to Matt because he had a longer title run.

I agree. Wasn't he the longest reigning American born a European Champion ever actually. So yeah Matt gets my vote here too.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I agree. Wasn't he the longest reigning American born a European Champion ever actually. So yeah Matt gets my vote here too.

You're right, longest single reign by a US wrestler by 125 days, 5 more than HHH's second reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Has to be matt just on length of reign.

Jeff, he made poor William Regal cry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Chalk down another vote for Matt. Wasn't his reign during Mattitude?

Fun fact: The Hardys are the only pair of brothers to hold the European Championship. Only one can advance though and it's Matt's longevity which sees him prevail over his younger brother. Next up is our penultimate bout of Round 1.

Kurt Angle

Your Euro-Continental Champion...It's True, It's True

tumblr_mtddw0xN8e1rg89a6o5_500.jpg

vs

The Hurricane

Le SuperHero

Hurricane-European-Champion.jpg

Kurt. The euro-continental thing was memorable.

• Advertisement

Kurt. Hurricane is another that I have no recollection of holding the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Kurt, because I remember it.

The Olympic Hero and his three I's books his place in the next stage. Due to an odd number of participants, our final contest of the round will be a triple threat match. As usual first to three wins. Some things to consider with these former holders of the European Title. The first guy retired it, the next guy literally found and reactivated it and third guy unified it and promptly gave it away!

Shane McMahon

The Boy Wonder

shane_euro_champ.jpg

vs

Mideon

Duffel Bag Creeper

559806.jpg

vs

Jeff Jarrett

Don't P1ss Me Off

JeffJarrettprowrestling.wikia.com_display_image.jpg?1320850800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Going too go with Double J here he gave it a bit of credibility

Shane O. His fued with X-pac for the title was one of his best.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Going too go with Double J here he gave it a bit of credibility

He gave it away to Mark Henry the next night on Raw! Made it seem like a piece of unwanted junk if anything. Yeah I'll go Shane myself, enjoyed his feud with X-Punk/X-Chump and it brought us the Mean Street Posse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Shane O'Mac. The feud with X-Pac was great.

Shane takes it for me, mostly for the X-Pac feud.

Now that we are at Round 2 of the tournament, all multiple time European Champions enter the fray. Superstars will require three votes to progress through to the Quarter-final. The line-up is as follows;
    British Bulldog
    William Regal
    Triple H
    D'Lo Brown
    Eddie Guerrero
    X-Pac
    Matt Hardy
    Christian
    Test
    Val Venis
    Owen Hart
    Kurt Angle
    Al Snow
    Shane McMahon
    Mark Henry
    Chris Jericho

• Advertisement

Our first bout of Round 2 features two guys who know each other extremely well and whose careers have somewhat paralleled each others. Without further ado, it's...

Christian

For Now...You're On Your Own!

29_SUR_11182001_0001.jpg

vs

Matt Hardy

The Longest Reigning American-Born European Champion

matt_hardy_wwf_european_champ_by_windows8osx-d5aj1b5.jpg

Advertisement