Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards European Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll start things off with voting for Kurt. Both guys are worthy finalists and I have voted for Eddie before this but kurt is one of my fave of all time and his double title run in his first year was epic, culminating in one of my favorite non main events ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭CSF

One of the hardest choices there's been.

While I preferred Kurt Angle of the 2 (I loved them both) Eddie Guerrero had a much more meaningful reign with the title, with both the Radicals and the Chyna storylines.

Eddie wins but either man loses in the final to D-Lo for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Going too go with Latino heat here! Lived him back in the day and his European title days were good times in wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Kurt Angle for me.

I want to see Angle vs. D'lo Brown because both guys held Euro and IC belts at same time at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Toughie!!! Kurt for me I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Kurt, for the reasons mentioned by previous voters.

I remember Eddie's IC run more.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Have to go for the Olympic hero for the same reasons I voted for him earlier. Angle's first year garnered three different titles and a King of the Ring, all of which started with the lovely European title.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Kurt here too. The run in his first year with the belt always bring back good memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kirk Angel gets my vote. The European title was his first ever belt in the company and set him on the road to superstardom. The Euro Continental thing was so hokey that it succeeded in annoying you, which is what it should have done. He was also responsible for giving the European Title it's best ever outing at a Wrestlemania IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Eddie for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Kurt. Can't understate just how great his first year was.

Both had brilliant climbs to the WWE title to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Kurt. Can't beat the three I's

And so it comes down to two Euro-Continental Champions in the grand finale. Only one of these men can be the overall winner of the PW Boards European Championship Tournament. We'll give this one little longer as it's the final, so midday tomorrow will be the cut off point. Before the match begins, please enjoy the most prestigious era of the European Championship which does feature both of our combatants.

PW Boards European Championship Tournament Final Expires 12 Noon

D'Lo Brown

Hailing from Lisbon, Portugal

tumblr_mjlq7seSn21rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

European Champion 4 times (Joint record)
    Unified European and Intercontinental Championships

vs

Kurt Angle

Your Euro-Continental Champion... It's True, It's True

tumblr_mtddw0xN8e1rg89a6o5_500.jpg

European Champion (1 time)
    Unified European and Intercontinental Championships

I will go with D'lo Brown.

Yeah it's gotta be D'Lo really. Never graced main event and was always just a level off the upper card but he made a lot of what he was given. The Chest Protector thing was really good, a modern tweak on the Bob Orton cast. I also loved the tongue-in-cheek references to being from Helsinki, Finland or Paris, France. Just used to crack me up. He had a cool moveset too like the Sky High and the Lo Down. For my money, D'Lo Brown was the best European Champion of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

D'Lo for me too. The most memorable reign and every time I hear of this title I think of him too. Perfect mid card title for a perfect mid card superstar.

I think D-Lo will walk this but I'm staying with Kurt Angle. Given my reasons in previous rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

D'Lo for me too. He is the first person that springs to mind when I think of the European title.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭CSF

D'Lo. Because he was my favourite wrestler at the time.

• Advertisement

D'Lo. He was the perfect European Champion. The belt and him just fit and he had a lot of really good matches. Many a PPV opened with a very solid D'Lo Brown European title match.

As great as Kurt's first year was, the Euro title was just a tiny piece of that run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'll say Angle but don't think it's going too matter much ha ha

And with a dominant showing in the final, it's the man You Better Recognise, D'Lo Brown, who is crowned PW Boards European Champion. You're lookin' at the Real Deal Now!!!

dlo4.jpg

Wanna say again, to Omackeral - fair play to you buddy. Another great job this round. Can't be easy keeping an eye on everything here, must be quite time consuming.

But from the presentation, to the funny comments, and everything in between, all very well done. Ron Mysterious would be proud!:p

I want to mirror the thanks expressed, I'm not a really regular poster on these forums but I've thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 tourneys as well as Shagnastii's IC tourney. Thanks lads!

Yup, thanks a bunch.

Now do Tag-Team titles.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yup, thanks a bunch.

Now do Tag-Team titles.

And the Cruiserweight/ Light Heavyweight titles and make it snappy :p

Listen, fair play to ya for organising these tournies. Great laugh and entertainment with a dose of nostalagia wrestling fans love more than anything else.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yup, thanks a bunch.

Now do Tag-Team titles.

The Tag Team Tournament by ShagNastii was the original tournament actually. He's the man who deserves most of the plaudits. You can find that thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87295595

Then I ran the Stable Warz and the Hardcore Tournament.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057080967 and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057277867.

There was also a Theme Music series ran by Beakerjoe (WWE Version)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057102501

and Non WWE Theme Wars by BostonCrab
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057142004

Should do one for United States or Cruiserweight championship.

• Advertisement

mxph3 wrote: »
    Should do one for United States or Cruiserweight championship.

Sure Orlando Jordan is a cert to win that!!!

Advertisement