Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transient accommodation in/around Cork City?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello there!

I'll be travelling through Ireland soon and I have a few hours stay in Cork while I wait for my connecting flight. Normally I would use the time to go to the City, but since it's a really long flight I'd actually prefer to catch a few hours of sleep. Is there any cheaper alternative than renting a hotel room for a whole day? I know some Airports offer sleep pods, but as far as I know the Airport in Cork doesn't. So, are there any alternatives? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Simple answer is NO.
    Some people pull out a sleeping bag and find a quiet corner and have a kip.
    Theres nothing to do up there either except have an over priced not so nice meal or have an over priced pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wookiehead

.red. wrote: »
    Simple answer is NO.
    Some people pull out a sleeping bag and find a quiet corner and have a kip.
    Theres nothing to do up there either except have an over priced not so nice meal or have an over priced pint.

Alright, thanks.
    I suppose this goes for Cork in general, not only the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

What time do you arrive/leave at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Plenty of time to hit Cork City, its only a 15 minute cab trip and about €15. Bull McCabes is a nice pub on the hill if you didnt want to venture too far, nice bar food there too and its 3/4 minutes from airport, €5 cab journey.

No harm in hitting Cork City for an hour or two though, youll go insane in the airport for 6 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I've never heard of someone connecting through Cork Aiport!

thanks for the business :)

you should really head into the city. The airport is tiny and 6 hours or so would drive you crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

These are the closest B&Bs which my googling skills could find -

http://www.corkairportbb.com/

http://www.flushingmeadow.net/

Advertisement